Ebay Item I Won has been Removed?

peckhart

Never had this one before. I did a Buy It Now on a Boss OC-3. Seller had 2 Boss pedals up. New account, no feedback. Pedals were priced pretty low. Some red flags perhaps, but at $38 I was ok taking the chance.

Eh...regretting it now.

I get an email 2 days later from Ebay: We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account.
Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center.

I have to wait to see if he does send it. The seller account is still on Ebay, but the items are gone. It is just strange. What did they see on the account that made them completely wipe out a listing that I won before the guy even had a chance to send (just paid on Saturday).

Not a huge chunk of change, but super annoying nevertheless. I am not looking forward to the hassle of trying to get my money back.

You'll get your money back, so you're safe. Happened to me a few years ago when I sniped a Peavey Wolf EXP for $360. Seller forgot to put a reserve on it, so closed his account rather than let me have it for that amount.

This happened to me last month. The weird part is that I was able to go into PayPal and cancel my payment.

slaveunit":2hqf94r6 said:
This happened to me last month. The weird part is that I was able to go into PayPal and cancel my payment.

I didn't use PayPal and the credit card I used isn't even showing up for a pending payment.

peckhart":3l0eoyia said:
Never had this one before. I did a Buy It Now on a Boss OC-3. Seller had 2 Boss pedals up. New account, no feedback. Pedals were priced pretty low. Some red flags perhaps, but at $38 I was ok taking the chance.

Eh...regretting it now.

I get an email 2 days later from Ebay: We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account.
Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center.

I have to wait to see if he does send it. The seller account is still on Ebay, but the items are gone. It is just strange. What did they see on the account that made them completely wipe out a listing that I won before the guy even had a chance to send (just paid on Saturday).

Not a huge chunk of change, but super annoying nevertheless. I am not looking forward to the hassle of trying to get my money back.
It happened to me 8 months ago on a Neunaber Immerse pedal,same thing as you..follow Ebays rules and you will get your refund,and it was not hard at all.took about 2 weeks total.
oops I see you have been taken care of.

Back