Basement Rig Transformation - new gear before and after pics

RedB4Black

....well not really a basement, more like room above the garage...

BEFORE....

4tEHtzeh.jpg

AFTER....

2gs4YJhh.jpg

I'm basically in love with the Fryette Fat Bottom cab loaded with Fane speakers, I was lucky enough to get a second one locally - used/mint at a decent price so I couldn't resist. Every amp in the first picture sounded better through the Fryette cab - vs the Diezel cab and my rear-loaded cabs. Ultimately though the UL won out and the rest of the amps were sold off. I'm going to set this up as W/D.

I even loaded some Fane F70s into one of my Wizard cabs - I'm a big fan of Fanes - I absolutely hated the Fryette FB cab when I had one with the p50e, but I've never played an eminence speaker that I liked.

also this transition is currently in process.....

BEFORE....

6CkcxiZh.jpg

ALMOST AFTER (still waiting on the new Wizard cab)....

SYSjsw6h.jpg

Just got the new Modern Classic II KT150 loaded with 4 KT88s. I just unboxed it yesterday so not a lot of time on it yet. But so far, compared to the el34 version, it pretty much takes it up a notch...thicker, more girth/balls. A little more modern sounding with an even tighter low-end. Basically what you'd expect when comparing the tube types in the same amp. It does have a different transformer than the el34 version. I'm a big fan of KT88s in amps so I couldn't resist buying this. :D

mhenson42":33owfgyn said:

BEFORE....

4tEHtzeh.jpg

AFTER....

2gs4YJhh.jpg

I'm basically in love with the Fryette Fat Bottom cab loaded with Fane speakers, I was lucky enough to get a second one locally - used/mint at a decent price so I couldn't resist. Every amp in the first picture sounded better through the Fryette cab - vs the Diezel cab and my rear-loaded cabs. Ultimately though the UL won out and the rest of the amps were sold off. I'm going to set this up as W/D.

I even loaded some Fane F70s into one of my Wizard cabs - I'm a big fan of Fanes - I absolutely hated the Fryette FB cab when I had one with the p50e, but I've never played an eminence speaker that I liked.

BEFORE....

6CkcxiZh.jpg

SYSjsw6h.jpg

Just got the new Modern Classic II KT150 loaded with 4 KT88s. I just unboxed it yesterday so not a lot of time on it yet. But so far, compared to the el34 version, it pretty much takes it up a notch...thicker, more girth/balls. A little more modern sounding with an even tighter low-end. Basically what you'd expect when comparing the tube types in the same amp. It does have a different transformer than the el34 version. I'm a big fan of KT88s in amps so I couldn't resist buying this. :D

Gnarly.

mhenson42":19yyk2cs said:

BEFORE....

4tEHtzeh.jpg

AFTER....

2gs4YJhh.jpg

BEFORE....

6CkcxiZh.jpg

SYSjsw6h.jpg

I want a Wizard MCll!!!!

That's awesome! :rock: I bet the Rhythm channel on the KT150 is killer. My MTL 6L has the best rhythm channel of any of the 7 Wizards I owned. A lot more gain as well if I want it but the clean tones are rich and chime.

Wow!!!
Congrats man!
My old Metal and VC100 are some of the loudest amps I've heard. I can't imagine how much punch the KT150 got!

Thanks guys! I’m a big fan of KT88s... I loved the MC2 with el34s, but the KT88s take things up a notch.

The Wizard cab on the right has 4 Celestion Alnico Creams and the one on the left has 4 Fane F70s. When new one arrives (unloaded), I have a quad of Creamback H75s waiting to try. Also have some Scumback M75s and H75s to experiment with as well. And a pair of v30s

SBlue":3ad43rn4 said:
Wow!!!
Congrats man!
My old Metal and VC100 are some of the loudest amps I've heard. I can't imagine how much punch the KT150 got!
The new Wizards have a master volume nothing like the older ones which come on very quickly. My old MCI is brutally loud at 3 whereas my MTL I can turn up 3/4 of the way with a full taper from zero to ten.

glip22":3am926zv said:
SBlue":3am926zv said:
Wow!!!
Congrats man!
The new Wizards have a master volume nothing like the older ones which come on very quickly. My old MCI is brutally loud at 3 whereas my MTL I can turn up 3/4 of the way with a full taper from zero to ten.

It's still pretty loud when you get to 3-4 though! I usually play in that range, but stand off to the side so I'm not getting the full blast. :LOL: :LOL:

mhenson42":2cig9191 said:
glip22":2cig9191 said:
SBlue":2cig9191 said:
Wow!!!
Congrats man!

It's still pretty loud when you get to 3-4 though! I usually play in that range, but stand off to the side so I'm not getting the full blast. :LOL: :LOL:
The 2016 MTL I had was similar to the late 2017. l I have in terms of the master having a much wider range. Killer amps. It's great you took the plunge awhile back and they satisfied your GAS. You still have GAS though. It's worse now because you have GAS for amps that cost 4.7 large. I feel your pain. :LOL: :LOL: I recently got on a kick for guitars that cost 4k plus. Now I have 4. I just realized resale will suck so I hope i keep loving them. :confused:

Back