Gus and Vinnie Moore

Saw those guys last night.....well actually we continued to drink and eat and missed Gus G entirely, but Vinnie Moore and his band were bad ass. Kotzen was good, but Vinnie pretty much laid the room to waste, his entire band was solid.

* velcro-fly *":1ypdbu0w said:
Saw those guys last night.....well actually we continued to drink and eat and missed Gus G entirely, but Vinnie Moore and his band were bad ass. Kotzen was good, but Vinnie pretty much laid the room to waste, his entire band was solid.
Awesome. I saw Vinnie on the Meltdown tour, but I'd love to see him again. Actually I would've paid serious $ to see one of those shows he did with MacAlpine a few months ago. I think they did 2 shows in LA and 2 in Japan.

Vinnie is great. Saw him on the meltdown tour early ninety's. best guitar lesson I ever got, was literally 8-10 feet at eye level in some dump in Staten Island, "red something was the club name I think". Funny as their was a dance club next door and everyone was over there and the guitar types on the other side watching Vinnie.

Thanks for bringing this out..I was lucky to happen to see Vinnie doing a small guitar clinic promoting I believe it was called "Minds Eye" back in the late 80's..me and some friends of mine had been at the lake all day drinking and I had to drive us home,so I took a shortcut that went right in front of this small music store called "Ape Music' in Fort Worth,and there was a sign saying saying Vinnie Moore here at whatever time,and we were right there when they were letting the few people in,and from about 3 feet away Vinnie blew us all away,even my friends that really didn't like rock music freaked out on how good he was,they kept asking me when he was coming in concert..Fucking Badass ! I see in the video provided that he is still badass !

He was but that kid Gus...his picking was at hyper speed, very sick. Cool guy too. He hung out after the set and talked with everyone who wanted to chop it up.

Back