Finally!! CLIPS of my Mesa Quad Setup.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sick Michael
  • Start date Start date
Sick Michael
Sick Michael
Right, Im prompted to make these to give you guys some idea of what you get with this (older) setup and then you can compare it to the Mark V.

Im always spouting crap about how good I find the Quad preamp/3:95 combination to be, so its time to put my money where my mouth is.

This time I've integrated my Boss GT-10 with everything - its providing all the effects pre-distortion (some modulation, some fuzz) and then my TC Gmajor is supplying the reverb and delay.

Cab is an Orange 4x12 with V30s. 3:95 has the deep switch, half drive and class A all switched on.

I recorded the whole thing with my Nokia N95...haha...enjoy - see the attached.

Attachments

What I am talking about!!!!

Sounds awesome bro, agreed you have a killer rig!!! I would pass on the V as well if I had that rig.

Awesome, Mike.

Did I tell you that I had a quad for two weeks? And a studio too? :D

Sounds pretty good :) I really like the clean tones especially. I mainly have been using mine for ld1...gotta work on the other modes, haha.

duesentrieb":23pmyzyn said:
Awesome, Mike.

Did I tell you that I had a quad for two weeks? And a studio too? :D
Yeah dude, I've downloaded a few of your clips. You had it for 2 weeks? why did you let it go!!?

4nkam":2zex4aca said:
Sounds pretty good :) I really like the clean tones especially. I mainly have been using mine for ld1...gotta work on the other modes, haha.
ld1 is cool, but too much of a compromise on my cleans to really do with it what I do with ld2.

Cheers for listening! The tones are there, just gotta work it for a while. :)

Ed infected me with an AxeThingFX :D

How's the Air Force?

Digital Jams":x2iil3ty said:
What I am talking about!!!!

Sounds awesome bro, agreed you have a killer rig!!! I would pass on the V as well if I had that rig.
Thanks scott!!! It sounds a lot better than it looks, theres cable all over the shop and I still havent got a proper rack case for the whole thing yet.
Its not very swept up looking.

I was a little lackadaisical with this clip, theres not enough 80s metal in it. Im sorry, I'll do better next time...hehe

duesentrieb":23vz5wbu said:
Ed infected me with an AxeThingFX :D

How's the Air Force?
pff.....yeah...busy, dont get to play as much as I used to unfortunately.

That Axefx thing looks the business. Ive been impressed the clips I've heard of it. Amazing they can fit all that stuff in one little box.

Hope you are well Olaf!

Quad FTMFW!!! Sounds fantastic Mike!

I hear ya on the compromise with Channel 1. It's why I picked up a Studio. That and the fact that I like the clean of the Studio even more than the Quad. One Quad lover to another, if you have the opportunity to pick up a Studio preamp, do it! It's the BEST accompaniment to the Quad. Set up the Studio for pristine clean, and the Quad for two distortions and you're set. I sold my Mark IV for this and if I could get my hands on a 3:95 or better yet, a Strategy 500, I'd be totally set.

You joined the Air Force? I hope it's working well for you and that you are safe. The last I remember, you were being asked to go to Tokyo to teach English and myself, Kage, and a few others were trying to sell you on the wonders of Japanese women.

EvilBatman":bs88c7rf said:
That and the fact that I like the clean of the Studio even more thald get my hands on a 3:95 or better yet, a Strategy 500, I'd be totally set.

Go for a Strategy 400, the most badass power amp Mesa ever made IMO.

I like the Switchtrack feature on the 3:95 and 500 but if I stumble across a 400 or 2:95 first, I'll probably pounce on either one.

sickie!

no secret i dig the mark series and that quad sounds great...you would dig the V though...

i just played a gt-10 tonight and it has some decent sounds in it for sure, but i think i am gonna stay real tube amp and avoid modeling stuff for a while longer.

EvilBatman":2bgu8j1d said:
Quad FTMFW!!! Sounds fantastic Mike!

I hear ya on the compromise with Channel 1. It's why I picked up a Studio. That and the fact that I like the clean of the Studio even more than the Quad. One Quad lover to another, if you have the opportunity to pick up a Studio preamp, do it! It's the BEST accompaniment to the Quad. Set up the Studio for pristine clean, and the Quad for two distortions and you're set. I sold my Mark IV for this and if I could get my hands on a 3:95 or better yet, a Strategy 500, I'd be totally set.

You joined the Air Force? I hope it's working well for you and that you are safe. The last I remember, you were being asked to go to Tokyo to teach English and myself, Kage, and a few others were trying to sell you on the wonders of Japanese women.
EB,

Ha, nah I never went to Japan, my cousin did though. Im not going to change my opinion though, Im not attracted to Japanese women, hehe....

I had never considered the Studio, mainly due to the lack of switchable sounds. To be honest Im totally content with the clean on the quad, but I am left wondering sometimes is how LD1 could sound if I focussed all my tweaking efforts into it. Its probably the best sound in the thing.

Those power amps just FIT with the Quad/studio. I didnt notice it until I A/Bed the mesa preamps with other preamps, though the 3:95. If you can find one, jump on it!

EvilBatman":2w96e1ne said:
I like the Switchtrack feature on the 3:95 and 500 but if I stumble across a 400 or 2:95 first, I'll probably pounce on either one.
I dont use it. Its just one more complicated thing to add into my already uber complicated setup. I keep everything on and keep the presence at 3, seems to work.

Back