Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Mon, Sep 24, 2018 8:43pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Finished my Pedalboard
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 12:27pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, May 24, 2007 8:24am
Posts: 3370
Are you human?: 951
I finally got this thing together and I was shocked that all of my cables, patch, power, amp function and midi, worked the first time out. Even the patch-box I made works. The Musicomlab 62M is great too. Controls my amp, MIDI pedals and of course, the stomps.

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Suhr, Kiesel, Mesa, Marshall, Bogner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 12:39pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Mon, Feb 20, 2012 12:41am
Posts: 551
Are you human?: 951
Great looking board. How's the evh sound when hit with the ts9

_________________
Good deals with: just42Dave, Travis Bickle, SHARK DIVER, Mailman1971, bpeterson,Zuel69,apophis,shane1713,krueger, killerburst,bonedarrell


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 12:52pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Apr 10, 2012 3:18pm
Posts: 720
Are you human?: 951
Looks great! Do you have any shots of underneath the board?

_________________
http://www.sixspeedtranny.com

Good deals with: Gsxrbusa, ripleyripley, jski59, jordanky, GtarLover, roodboy, gubba, sgill72, Knockout (plus others I forgot to write down...)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 6:27pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Jun 28, 2006 7:01am
Posts: 5568
Location: Baltimore
Looks great. Very clean. I dig it.

_________________
Pete :boxer:

"She wouldn't make love, but she could make good sandwich!" - Ian Anderson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 6:31pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Sun, Nov 21, 2010 11:18am
Posts: 750
Are you human?: 951
3rd picture, what interface type is that below the tuner?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 8:14pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, May 24, 2007 8:24am
Posts: 3370
Are you human?: 951
mdc1mdc11 wrote:
3rd picture, what interface type is that below the tuner?


I built it. Bought a 1590B enclosure that was powder coated, some connectors and got to soldering.

_________________
Suhr, Kiesel, Mesa, Marshall, Bogner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 6:49am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 7:40am
Posts: 1978
Location: VA/MD/DC
Are you human?: 951
Great looking board man! I like your midi cable connectors.

_________________

  • ESP: Alexi Scythe CS
    - Duncan: Nazg├╗l

  • Peters: Body Hammer
  • VHT: FB-412 P50E

  • MXR: Q-Zone
  • Maxon: OD808
  • Fortin: Zuul
  • TC Elec: Quintessence
  • Empress: ParaEq
  • Maxon: AD9Pro
  • RJM: Effect Gizmo
  • GigRig: Humdinger



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 8:51am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 8:07pm
Posts: 1425
Are you human?: 951
That's an awesome setup. Is it setup for modeling processors or do you run tube amps too?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 9:48am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Oct 13, 2006 2:49pm
Posts: 2200
Location: westcoast woodshed
Are you human?: 951
looks killer!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 10:11am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, May 24, 2007 8:24am
Posts: 3370
Are you human?: 951
SavageRiffer wrote:
That's an awesome setup. Is it setup for modeling processors or do you run tube amps too?


I built this just for my Mark V:25 rig. My Kemper is just for direct to DAW. Still have 2 loops available on the 62M. I have the Mobius in both, the loop of the amp and in one of the 62M's loops. I could probably fit a mini pedal to the right of the 62M and something else above the volume pedal.

I'm now going to build a power interface for the board and a bank up/down switch. That, I might just velcro to the top/middle of the 62M.

Image

_________________
Suhr, Kiesel, Mesa, Marshall, Bogner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 10:27am 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Oct 05, 2008 12:06pm
Posts: 9822
Location: nowhere, MI
Are you human?: 951
:inlove:

So clean! Nice work :rock:

_________________
Good transactions with: Juggernaut, Daavvt, gbsmusic, reverymike, zewango, Ancient Alien, RACKSYSTEMS, moltenmetalburn, lolzgreg, tlingen, Chris O, guitarded_1, Findthetone, King Guitar, dual lead, axegod8185, dooredge, OUTLAW1969, mniel8195, Dale B, Crunchtime


http://imgur.com/jtdoLvC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 10:46am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, May 24, 2007 8:24am
Posts: 3370
Are you human?: 951
glassjaw7 wrote:
:inlove:

So clean! Nice work :rock:



Thanks man. Still can't believe it works. :D :lol: :LOL:

_________________
Suhr, Kiesel, Mesa, Marshall, Bogner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 11:24am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 8:07pm
Posts: 1425
Are you human?: 951
dfrattaroli wrote:
SavageRiffer wrote:
That's an awesome setup. Is it setup for modeling processors or do you run tube amps too?


I built this just for my Mark V:25 rig. My Kemper is just for direct to DAW. Still have 2 loops available on the 62M. I have the Mobius in both, the loop of the amp and in one of the 62M's loops. I could probably fit a mini pedal to the right of the 62M and something else above the volume pedal.

I'm now going to build a power interface for the board and a bank up/down switch. That, I might just velcro to the top/middle of the 62M.

Image


That's awesome man.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 11:32am 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sat, May 31, 2008 3:45pm
Posts: 6781
Location: Severna Park, Maryland
Are you human?: 951
Nice. Are they George L .155 cable and connectors? I have a spoil of Orange George L .155. Cable. Looking at flat pancake solder jacks or GL

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Buil ... 281?ref=hl

Good deals Ref with viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44053 Updated 6/2/11


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 1:01pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, May 24, 2007 8:24am
Posts: 3370
Are you human?: 951
jlbaxe wrote:
Nice. Are they George L .155 cable and connectors?


Exactly. I used 32 connectors in total. Been using GL for at least 10 years. Never had an issue with them. You really need to make sure you screw the cap all the way in.

Have a bunch of Neutrik and Switchcraft stuff I'm going to use for a snake from the board to the amp.

_________________
Suhr, Kiesel, Mesa, Marshall, Bogner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 2:21pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sat, May 31, 2008 3:45pm
Posts: 6781
Location: Severna Park, Maryland
Are you human?: 951
dfrattaroli wrote:
jlbaxe wrote:
Nice. Are they George L .155 cable and connectors?


Exactly. I used 32 connectors in total. Been using GL for at least 10 years. Never had an issue with them. You really need to make sure you screw the cap all the way in.

Have a bunch of Neutrik and Switchcraft stuff I'm going to use for a snake from the board to the amp.

Sweet. Do you have a place you get a deal on the GL connectors? They get pricey :lol: :LOL: I need about 32-40 :scared:

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Buil ... 281?ref=hl

Good deals Ref with viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44053 Updated 6/2/11


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 5:42pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 1:46pm
Posts: 1648
That color scheme is wonderfull.

_________________
Tracks, Demos, and Fails.
https://soundcloud.com/midnightlaundry-1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 6:29pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, May 24, 2007 8:24am
Posts: 3370
Are you human?: 951
jlbaxe wrote:
dfrattaroli wrote:
jlbaxe wrote:
Nice. Are they George L .155 cable and connectors?


Exactly. I used 32 connectors in total. Been using GL for at least 10 years. Never had an issue with them. You really need to make sure you screw the cap all the way in.

Have a bunch of Neutrik and Switchcraft stuff I'm going to use for a snake from the board to the amp.

Sweet. Do you have a place you get a deal on the GL connectors? They get pricey :lol: :LOL: I need about 32-40 :scared:


Best I did was on eBay. There's a dealer there who sells them a little cheaper than the going rate of $6.20 per connector.

_________________
Suhr, Kiesel, Mesa, Marshall, Bogner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 21, 2016 12:27am 
Offline
Plank Cranker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Jan 24, 2012 11:27pm
Posts: 813
Location: Los Angeles
Are you human?: 951
dfrattaroli wrote:
mdc1mdc11 wrote:
3rd picture, what interface type is that below the tuner?


I built it. Bought a 1590B enclosure that was powder coated, some connectors and got to soldering.


I did same thing for mine years ago. Works great

_________________
http://www.blackstaticband.com/
http://www.kylemarsh.com/
https://www.instagram.com/blackstatic.band/
https://www.instagram.com/kylemarshmusic/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 18, 2018 10:26am 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Mon, Apr 16, 2018 5:24pm
Posts: 2
Are you human?: 951
So I know this post is about 2 years old (almost to the day!), but I really like this board! Very well put together and very usable. Are you still using this set up? And how did you like the MusicomLab 62M? Is the pedaltrain a Novo 24?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 18, 2018 12:17pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, May 24, 2007 8:24am
Posts: 3370
Are you human?: 951
Hi. Yes, I still use this. I've added a TS Mini and TC Sub 'n Up to it since this pic. The 62M is great. I love it. Great build quality and the switches are silent.

_________________
Suhr, Kiesel, Mesa, Marshall, Bogner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 18, 2018 12:31pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sat, May 31, 2008 3:45pm
Posts: 6781
Location: Severna Park, Maryland
Are you human?: 951
dfrattaroli wrote:
Hi. Yes, I still use this. I've added a TS Mini and TC Sub 'n Up to it since this pic. The 62M is great. I love it. Great build quality and the switches are silent.

I have a TS mini on my board that I am building. Thinking of swapping it for a JHS Bonsai. Pairs nicely with my Tumnus

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Buil ... 281?ref=hl

Good deals Ref with viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44053 Updated 6/2/11


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], LP Freak, Mailman1971, mystixboi, rickenbacker198 and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use