Any chance for a corso update ?

axlkon

i like all the sound spectrum of corso thats why i would like it to have 2 channels or the possibility to store settings. also maybe more watts to play in studio and the most important of all a loop. at this time is kinda deal breaker for me the lack of it. but also keep the same size and weight more or less.

Wow that's a lot to ask.
If there'd be any factory mods or updates to the Corso though, I wish they'd make the Gain and Mid switches footswitchable. That would make it a lot more useful live. Yeah I know it's mostly a desktop recording preamp. A rack version would've been cool too.

i love its sound and i m hoping to make it a little more practical for live-rehersal or home jamming scenarios.

axlkon":1i9qdzyp said:
i love its sound and i m hoping to make it a little more practical for live-rehersal or home jamming scenarios.

Owned the Corso for years and figured out its true strengths. It's an often misunderstood amp. A lot of folks turned off by the Corso initially hoped it was a cheaper mini OD-100 or SL-68 when it's really more like a modern flexible Tweed and lots of players don't get those too.

The Suhr Hedgehog would be a better bet for you. I think it sounds similar and has the features you want. Pricier of course as all the features you want cost money but all those features may come at the cost of how fast the notes are tracked. The simple Corso single channel nmv circuitry really feels like fingers-straight-to-speaker.

I still wish the Corso Gain and Mid switches were footswitchable. Probably not hard to DIY but would've been cooler if it was a factory option.

I own a Hedgehog, and I agree that it sounds like the way to go for you. The clean sounds are awesome, and you can really quite easily customize up to 4 presets. Another fantastic feature is that there is a very useful level control knob on the back of the amp that acts like a master volume. Totally versatile amp, I'm actually shocked they aren't more popular.

Back