new Suhr Classic with ML sc's and Thornbucker!

I am loving this new Classic with a few mod's from the elves at Suhr. It's a spectacular, snappy start-styled guitar with a wide a array of tonal options and expressiveness. It's loaded with two ML single coils and a Thornbucker in the bridge option with push-push coil tap on the tone knob. The middle tone knob was removed to help get the volume knob out of the way of my right hand. Relic'ing isn't normally my thing, but this one is done with great taste, detail and restraint. It almost smells like the 60's. Thank you to team Suhr!

https://soundcloud.com/john-czajkowski- ... singlecoil

Suhr Custom Classic with ML Standard single coil (neck position) on lead guitar and Thornbucker at bridge split into single coil for doubled rhythm guitar - Pineapple Boost - Egnater MOD50 BassMan Channel set to mild gain - Speaker Cab Port City 2x12 OS with WGS speakers, Veteran 30 and ET65. Pineapple Boost pedal is doing 85% of dirt and is set identically for lead and rhythm.

I usually gravitate towards Marshall family for this vibe, but it was fun and refreshing to try a new approach with pedal and fender-trad. learned some things along the way about other little pockets of tone I haven't used before. Also, it feels odd using single coil bridge (for rhythm parts) for anything aggressive and distorted. I have really been a creature of habit over the years always defaulting to bridge PAF humbucker for this. I amy take another pass with the Marshall family on rhythms and leads for an experiment. The neck single coil is so expressive, it could work for an inverse EVH one pickup guitar. I am embarrassed it has taken me so long to really get back to single coils and gain. In the past, the noise floor just kills me in the studio with added nice of lights and computer EMF. The Suhr noise canceling system is pure genius. There may be a little hum still of course, but tone feels entirely pure and unaltered.

Attachments

• IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,919
Rhythm guitar sounds great, the panning L>R is cool with the doubled tracks.

Congrats on the Classic!

Nice! I put the Thornbuck+/ ML Standard configuration in my American Strat. I have the same Olympic White Standard Pro Suhr you have and have been thinking about changing the pickguard to black matching almost exactly your configuration with the PUPs. I like the SSV but I have to say the stock V70s in the Standard Pro don't have the warmth and grind of the MLs.

Back