CAE PT-100 Vs. Bogner 20th XTC

bwgintegra,

Do you notice the Streetrod being any less fat sounding to the Quickrod since it is 50 watts?

I would like to compare a Splawn to a Baron amp which seem amazing!

richedie":1ergimp5 said:
bwgintegra,

Do you notice the Streetrod being any less fat sounding to the Quickrod since it is 50 watts?

I owned a Baron K2, didn't care for it. It lacked bottom end and punch. Had lots of gain but just didn't do it for me. I have the streetrod combo, last week I disconnected the combo speaker and hooked it up to my bogner 4x12 and really liked it. I thought it sounded great and just as fat sounding as the 100w quickrod. The clean channel breaks up early with it only being 40 watts. I have my streetrod in the classifieds for sale if you are interested

bwgintegra":1rr071ve said:
richedie":1rr071ve said:
bwgintegra,

I owned a Baron K2, didn't care for it. It lacked bottom end and punch. Had lots of gain but just didn't do it for me. I have the streetrod combo, last week I disconnected the combo speaker and hooked it up to my bogner 4x12 and really liked it. I thought it sounded great and just as fat sounding as the 100w quickrod. The clean channel breaks up early with it only being 40 watts. I have my streetrod in the classifieds for sale if you are interested

Why are you selling? The clean breaking up worries me. If I am playing clean loud with a loud rock band...I might need pristine clean at high volumes. However, a little break up can add cut.

richedie":3g7jjwfl said:
bwgintegra":3g7jjwfl said:
richedie":3g7jjwfl said:
bwgintegra,

Why are you selling? The clean breaking up worries me. If I am playing clean loud with a loud rock band...I might need pristine clean at high volumes. However, a little break up can add cut.

Just to let you know the newer splawns like the one I have have a loop master. You can have the loop enabled, crank the channel volume and use the loop volume as a master, works great. I noticed with my older quickrod that it started sounding great at about 10 o'clock on the master. Now with the steetrod I can turn the channel volume to 10 o'clock and run the loop master at about noon and not blow the doors off. The clean is good for a channel switcher, single coils stays clean, humbucker good for single note chord work. If you start strumming hard you get some slight breakup but not to bad. Just roll the volume back on the guitar slightly. :rock:

Thanks man! And does the Street Rod sounds as god as the QR? I played the SR last year but had nothing to compare it to and all the clips I am hearing of the QR are amazing Marshall tones. I need to go play those two side by side. I want the tones I am hearing from the Quick Rod...but in the smaller SR package. :(

richedie":1307wbwz said:
Thanks man! And does the Street Rod sounds as god as the QR? I played the SR last year but had nothing to compare it to and all the clips I am hearing of the QR are amazing Marshall tones. I need to go play those two side by side. I want the tones I am hearing from the Quick Rod...but in the smaller SR package. :(

I always ran my quickrod with a splawn 4x12 cab. The other day I unhooked the combo speaker and plugged the streetrod into my bogner 4x12. Was defiantly getting the quickrod tone. Went back to the combo and defiantly changes a lot, keeps the splawn tone but with the 1x12 combo speaker and partially open back it changes. Don't get me wrong still sounds great. when you have a 1x12 semi open and closed 4x12 it makes a big difference.

Thanks, I am really looking into the SR!
I would use it with an oversized 212 or a Port City.

Have you tries other high end Marshall type amps?
Been considering the Cornford MkII, Elmwood Midena and PWE Event Hirizon as well.

For cost and pure Marshall tone it seems the SR may be best.

That is a shame the 20th XTC is not that good. Strange though because clips and from reading reviews, it is supposed to be amazing. I will say the 20th Ann. Shiva is GREAT though!

It's been a long time since I last visited this thread, and after all the high end amps I've gone back to my trusty Soldano SLO, it's my all time favorite, \../

richedie":2t0m4hbu said:
That is a shame the 20th XTC is not that good. Strange though because clips and from reading reviews, it is supposed to be amazing. I will say the 20th Ann. Shiva is GREAT though!

Don't trust random people posting on an internet forum, go play it for yourself.

Just found this post.

I have an 20th XTC amongst a bunch of other boutique amps - and its one of my favourites, possibly even my all time favourite amp. It can do ANYTHING.

I have owned an OD100 , and two PT100's , the first edition signature version and the later production model. I persevered with them, but unfortunately they weren't to my taste. The last one got part-exed for a Butterslax.....

My 20th XTC will stay with me forever.....

I've never owned a Bogner 20th Anniversary XTC (a little playtime) their nice amps! After owning an 100b, 101b & Classic, Reinhold has been searching for "The tone" and the 20th Anniversary does capture the basis of all XTC.

It's how I feel about the CAA PT100 which I owned about a year, I liked it more than my XTC's but not as much as my SLO. The "New Version" PT100 sounds "Awesome!!!" Just smokes the original. I'm really loving my BE100 (Dave just modified it) that's a different story \../

If I were to compare the 20th Anniversary XTC to the "New" PT100, the new PT would be my preference.
Still these are all "Highend builds" and an individual choice.

Back