Lizard POD Pie

Death by Uberschall

I put this together for a little contest on another forum and thought I would share. Clip heeded to be 1 minute long, I wound up at 1 min 10 sec. :doh:

Guitar used: Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/EMG81/85 pups, D'Addario XL 10-46 strings, Fender Graffiti heavy pick, Eb tuning
Bass used: Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/EMG81/85 pups (not a typo ;) ), D'Addario XL 10-46 strings, Fender Graffiti heavy pick, Eb tuning
Guitar Amps used: PODxt Live: Clean - L6 Sparkle Clean, Rhythm and Solos - 1968 Plexi Variac'd w/all knobs dimed
Bass Amps used: PODxt Live: Line6 Prog Metal Bass
Software used: Vista64 Home Premium, RiffWorks Standard, Instant Drummer - Sonic Reality Lo-Fi Funk drums
Console: My Hewlett Packard dv9930us laptop and Altec Lansing desk top speakers w/sub

First things first: My sincerest apologies to the bass players on the board, I'm not one and just played what I thought fit.
And I don't own a bass guitar. But I think the Les Paul covered it pretty well.

Wanted to do something cool and laid back, but builds as it goes along. Everything was planned out and played with a purpose. Except for the last solo, I wanted to have some fun with it. So I just said to hell with it and went for broke, raw and in your face.

Oh what I could have done with more than one minute!!!!

Notes:
All guitars and bass are single tracked with the exception of the lead lines @ 48-58 sec, they were triple tracked and blended/panned to give that section an "airy" quality.
All clean tracks used the EMG 85 pup
All hi-gain rhythm tracks used the EMG 81 pup
Solo/lead lines and pup used: EMG 85 @ 26-41 sec and 59-1.10 sec, EMG 81 used 42-58 sec.
Bass guitar tracks used the EMG 85 pup
Bass guitar tracks start at 16 seconds in
Guitar volume and tone controls at full on for all tracks

I turned off the EQ on Windows Media Player during test plays and had everything pretty much set flat when I was recording and mixing this down. So if you run a normal V-shaped EQ you may want to adjust it as needed, or to your personal taste and preference.

Any and all comments welcome.

I call the track: Lizard POD Pie
Don't ask, it's an inside joke.

Attachments

• Lizard POD Pie.mp3
    1.9 MB · Views: 462
Sucks he took this down

EDIT: Sorry about that, cant get to it from my phone. Shouldve check from the desktop before posting.

bhuard75":qw7m5q5b said:
Did this ever get written into a full song?

No, sorry, it didn't. It was just a fun little project I did for UnofficialWarmoth.com
One of the members there started up a 1 minute track contest that I put this together for.

Glad you're enjoying it though, I've gotten a lot of great response to it over the years since I did it. Hard to believe that was almost 9 years ago.

Back