Soldano vs Mesa vs Egnater

They all sound good! :rock:

I am sure its much difference when your in the same room though.
I hate posting videos for that fact. Compression and recording makes alot of the high gainers sound similar on video. well at least with my weak recording skills! :LOL: :LOL:

Love that Hot Rod 100 though....
I owned a few Egnaters and the EG5 is the best of the modules available. :thumbsup:
(at least to me) ;)

Good clips though!!

Dan

Yeah exactly! They all sound very similar here but in the room there is much more noticable difference. They are all played at low volume too because of the crappy cam that couldn't handle the volume. I'd love to do miked up clips too but I have no possibilities at the moment.

Yeah the Eg5 is great but I really love the Sl2x which is slightly more open sounding and has more of that vocal quality that I love.

Sounds good man! You're right about the audio squashing the sound a bit too much, but I can make each amp out a bit.

The Soldano has a slightly squawky growl; the Recto has a more guttural growl, and the Egnater has a "snarly" growl.

I made tons of recordings.........I set up my amps pretty similar though but in person they sound clearly different.
On the youtube....they all sound about the same! :LOL: :LOL:

ohhhh...well....
;)

petejt":exjnlz8z said:
Sounds good man! You're right about the audio squashing the sound a bit too much, but I can make each amp out a bit.

The Soldano has a slightly squawky growl; the Recto has a more guttural growl, and the Egnater has a "snarly" growl.
Now there's a man who knows his growls. :LOL: :LOL: Nice clips man. They all sound good. :thumbsup:

Great stuff man, helluva player. :thumbsup: Dug the Mesa on the chugga riffs and eg5 for the solo stuff. Thanks for posting.

A pity that the treble content doesn't come through with the camcorder mic.

To me the Soldano wins :rock:

I liked the Soldano on rythem tones, and the part when you played some lead with the Egnater.

I dislike Rectos in general...

I have an Egnater Mod 50 with an EG5, T/D and modded ERECT modules. It's absolutely killer sounding.

Sound great. How do those oversized mesa cabs cut live? I love the chunk they produce but never tried one live

Back