Splawn Quick Rod

I had two, around 2010 one promod they sounded great dirty. Cleans were meh to me l, but the feel was what I couldn’t get on with, too stiff for my tastes. Didnt like the fx loop much either. Build quality was great.

Resale wasnt so hot.

Nice amps.

moltenmetalburn":3e9u9nx9 said:
I had two, around 2010 one promod they sounded great dirty. Cleans were meh to me l, but the feel was what I couldn’t get on with, too stiff for my tastes. Didnt like the fx loop much either. Build quality was great.

Resale wasnt so hot.

Nice amps.

You may want to give the "newer" QuickRods a look.
With many upgraded features, some of the issues you mentioned from the 2010 versions are GONE.

Anything 2016 and after has better loop, upgraded cleans, switchable gears, old/new voicing switch, etc.
Don't know if the 2010's had 4 button footswitch yet, but that is a nice add also.
Personally I still have my original Splawn QR from 2006, just because it literally breathes fire.
Ha, however, I have recently been using a pair of 2016 fully loaded heads for shows and they KILL!!!
Bring on the 80's rock :rock:

Plus, as far as pricing goes, new they are reasonable and used they are a steal!! Just sayin'

By the way...nobody has talked much on this review about the clean channel but lets just say youd be selling the QR majorly short without talking about it. Loud, percussive, musical and not unlike a good early marshall (think "are you experienced?").

Love a good necro! Recently picked up a 2013 drop B+ and its an amazing amp. AMAZING articulation and clarity; ridiculously articulate.

I play “crossover” thrash metal, I’ve owned tons of amps, and my KT88 loaded Quick Rod is my favorite by far. It’s got something special.

I have had a handful of Quickrods over the years they were all fantastic at the modded marshall tone. What i liked about it was Scott himself, any time there was a problem i could call and talk to him! not many amp companies out there that you can talk to the man that owns the company. Splawn company is great to deal with on custom orders and there prices are very reasonable.

Back