Splawn Nitro

I have a 2014 Nitro with kt88s. Mine sounds incredible, best amp I have played. This cannot be the same amp I have. Mine has classic tones, tightest palm mutes ever. Sounds huge. Maybe you got a bad one or something. I did have a quick rod before and greatly preferred the Nitro. It's all subjective though.

Huge quick rod fan!
I just always felt that the nitro is over kill for anything. It kills a second guitar in the band, drowns out every instrument and drives the neighbors crazy. Well that could be just what your looking for...
I always felt that the QR was the perfect amp out of the Splawn Amp line. I'm not saying that the nitro is a bad amp at all, it's just designed for a specific player.
I would totally be interested to hear what a modded nitro sounds like!

My son has a 2009 Nitro. The bass was a little flubby so I installed a sprague orange drop off of the Bass pot wiper which brought it in line with what one would expect from the BE 100's...I have 2. This mod helped a lot.

My son has a 2009 Nitro. The bass was a little flubby so I installed a sprague orange drop off of the Bass pot wiper which brought it in line with what one would expect from the BE 100's...Not quite there but much better. :rock:

Back