Soldano Reverb O Sonic?

Kai

What do you guys think of this amp? There's only one demo of it on YouTube and it's pretty badly recorded. Does it have enough gain to do Incubus "Morning View" or "Make Yourself" tones without pedals?

Thanks! :)

I gigged with one for a couple of years - it's not a super highgain amp, it's more like Mike's version of a Fender Twin Reverb

one thing i really liked about that amp was that it sounded chunky and full even at low stage volume.

takes pedals like traci lords took dicks...

Probably not quite the same amount of gain but I think that guy could do well to turn down the gain a little, like, to roughly the same amount of gain the reverb 'o sonic has haha.

It's an awesome sounding amp!

Kai":rzp6xehf said:
What do you guys think of this amp? There's only one demo of it on YouTube and it's pretty badly recorded. Does it have enough gain to do Incubus "Morning View" or "Make Yourself" tones without pedals?

Thanks! :)

Had one back in the late 90's.

Wish I still had it. I didn't find it "Fendery", but that's not why I got it.

Its (clean channel) had a tight pungent clean sound, that I found characteristic of most Soldanos I ever played thru, including my beloved SLO.

The drive channel had more than enough gain for me. The amp needed to be played loud to get the best sound, at least to my ears.

Built very, very well.

Have not seen any on the used market for quite a while.

Back