Fryette Sig X

Neanderthal":1fwfj6j8 said:
The SigX can do metal better then the CL or the UL?
No.... Different. The Sig X is pretty different from the Pittbuls. More like the Deliverance. A more vintage saturated voice. A lot of people that play primarily metal prefer the Pittbull.

I have gotten the UL I'm fucking blown away... sick shit amp. no joke. clarity to die for extremely tight focus and punches like a mother da fucker.luv it. I'm getting the CL and the deliverance. what's the difference between them?

The CL is going to be more raw and the feel is more forgiving. The Deliverance is a more vintage voice than the UL. Much more raw and forgiving feel.

Cool. I got the Deliverance my next will be the CL and I'm done. the VHTS are very different fro the Uberschall's and Diezels

I have a Mark IV here and have owned II and III.

It can get similar amounts of gain and saturation with the lead channels. The Mesa might be more saturated. The Mesa amps are more compressed and have a midrange heavy sound (without the GEQ).
The Lead channel of the Sig X can get similar sounds. Each has it's own individual flavor. The Sig X is going to be more dynamic, articulate, better definition of notes in chords. The Mesa is going to be easier to play and has that unique midrange heavy Mark flavor. The Fryette has a more balanced EQ.

Both amps are capable of a wide variety of sounds.
The entire range of the Fryette tone knobs are usable. As you know the bass knob on the Mark you only use a limited range.
The Mesa amps have more bass available. Very much so with the GEQ.
I much prefer the Rhythm channel of the Sig X over the Rhythm channel of the IV and III. It is the channel I use the most on the Sig X. It does great at getting vintage English crunch sounds.
The clean channels are very different.... The Sig X Clean channel is much more like a vintage NMV amp.

In general the Mesa is more like a Fender and the Fryette is more like a Hiwatt. I sometimes describe the Fryette amps as a combination of Mesa Mark and Hiwatt.

If you have a more direct question about details or just other questions I am very fimilar with both amps. I've had the Sig X since it came out in 2008. I've always had a Mesa Mark since 1982.

I am curious what modifications have been done to your Mark IV ?

stephen sawall":62kyu58n said:
Neanderthal":62kyu58n said:
The SigX can do metal better then the CL or the UL?
No.... Different. The Sig X is pretty different from the Pittbuls. More like the Deliverance. A more vintage saturated voice. A lot of people that play primarily metal prefer the Pittbull.

I can't wait to get my hands on a VHT/Fryette amp. Can't frigging wait!

Back