Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Jun 24, 2018 3:47pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Advice from CAB users
PostPosted: Sun, May 21, 2017 9:45pm 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
I've recently tried going to a more portable, simpler solution. The goal was to find a way to replace my amp and run direct. I love my pedalboard with all my OD pedals, modulation, time-based stuff etc... so I wanted to keep the board in tact but find something to take the place of the amp. I decided to try the Le Clean Preamp Pedal paired with the Torpedo CAB. I love the idea of simplifying my setup and leaving the amp at home but I'm a little weary with the tone I'm getting. The CAB is awesome and I'm really happy with this piece of gear. The Le Clean is where I'm not so impressed. Even paired with the power amp of the CAB it just seems thin. I was hoping I could pair it with a tube screamer or another drive pedal and get something I could be happy with. I'm starting to think the Le Clean isn't for me. Does anyone on here use a similar setup with the CAB and a preamp pedal? I really want to keep using the CAB as I think it has great speaker simulation. I'm basically trying to find a replacement for the Le Clean or to maybe go to something like the Quilter Tone Block. It's all a bit confusing to me lol. I would appreciate and suggestions. thx!

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 31, 2017 3:08pm 
Hack

Hi, I just bought the torpedo CAB and I am looking for the Leclean preamp as I would like to have a sound similar to the one I have achieved, I have a stratocaster (black), a bunch of pedals and finally a blues junior. Hehe trying to get the Gilmour tone.

Same as you, I would like a more portable, simpler solution. Did you find a way to sound great or did you sell the Leclean preamp? Did you try the LeCrunch?.

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 22, 2018 8:12am 
Journeyman NOOB

Ditch the leclean and get yourselves a mesa boogie studio /quad preamp...

Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever