Digitech GNX3 workstation

Frolid":2xf48o5f said:
I have one, and it's okay.
Anyone else use one? :confused:

I've had one for a couple years, but haven't used it too much. Some of the amps models are acceptable (to me) for late night headphone practice. It may also be ok running into a power amp, or straight in to a clean channel, but I haven't used it that way in a while. I really haven't learned how to use it well enough to know what it can and can't do. For multi-fx, I've found using the Boss GT-8 to be easier to use, and it's able to be hooked up via the 4CM to use its fx with my amps. I do like being able to edit patches via usb (or is it MIDI?) hookup to the computer.

I found that it sounded too digital, if you know what i mean.

Like its overdrive sounds like something out of a videogame.

Oh man, I had one of these when I was 18. I freaking LOVED it!! My buddy and I used the built in recorder to make a full 9 song album. It actually turned out really well. I never had a lot of cool gear when I was younger so when I got the GNX 3 I was in heaven. It's great for jamming in your room/using headphones like you said. However, there are way better things out there, I definitely wouldn't use it to gig though. Just hang on to it man, if you do sell it, you'll never come close to what you paid. Sorry dude, I just realized how old this thread was, oh well. Hope you still have it!!

Back