Digitech GNX4

jlbaxe

I had a GNX4 that just sold a few days ago on Evil Bay. I liked that you could have a mic in, stereo line ins and a huge selection of amps and effects along with a 8 track digital recorder and drums.

Recorder:
worked perfect and sounded great.Its digital as most are now and you can bounce the tracks back and forth and end up with a 32 track recorder. It was a little tricky for me to figure out how to record the built in drums. I used it for about 5 songs. Overall great but not easy to just hit record and jam. I even had the 3 button GNXFC pedal for recording,which made it easier.

Drums:
Sounded good has a Tap Tempo button but you cant edit them.

Amps:
I found these to sound good and close to emulating. They are easy to edit with a usb chord on your computer but a little tricky on the unit its self.

Effects:
They are great. Alot of choices from delay, phase, chorus, flange, wah, jam man and the digitech wammy. Has tap Tempo for delays and flange, phaser, chorus ect.

Cons:
I couldn't run my preamp into it and record a decent sounding track. If it had a preamp line to be able to use just effects before and after the preamp i would have kept it.

Overall this is a great unit.It dose take some getting use to. The digitech web site has patches from other users and there interpretation of artist sounds and are very close to dead on. This is great to use as a scratch pad and to experiment with other amp/effect sounds. It is built like a tank and I don't see an issue with using it in a band live. I only sold it to finish off my rack system and after playing through an Egnater amp i didn't touch it much.

Back