Bogner ecstasy blue and red pedals

Jakarta

I tried the new ecstasy pedals when I went to musikmesse last month.

Guitar- Haar strat with humbucker in bridge position

Amp- bogner goldfinger head with bogner 412 cab

I had so much fun with the pedals that I lost track of time I think I sat there in the bogner/egnater booth for more than half an hour.

I didn't care for the clean channel of the goldfinger it was too flabby. But when I stomp on the bogner ecstasy pedal it was just phenomenal. The dynamics, sustain and overall tone of the drive that was produced by that pedal was just natural, even at low volume. Spoke with the guy at the booth, the red has higher gain than the blue ecstasy. From my observation the blue can do higher gain allright but the red does take it up further with wild gain and compression with the gain knob turned up.

The blue pedal does better low gain drives, it has less compression and tighter feel to it. Even with the gain turned down the red pedal still have more compression compared to the blue.

The boost section can be used independent of the drive channel. It has two small pot for gain and volume, so you can have a clean boost with not much gain of a hairy gain boost. The boost is quite transparent tone-wise. Didn't change the tone much when I tried it to boost the goldfinger.

I have the brochure at home and it shows the various controls on the pedal. From memory it had bass, mid, treble, volume, gain and small switches that controls 3 level of compressions and 3 different bogner ecstasy amp models.

After playing with the pedal I said to the guy "I'll take the red one please" to my dissapointment he told me that the pedals had not been made yet and the ones that were there were just for show. He gave me the contact for gustavo from egnater who will be the distributor for these pedals. Emailed him and he replied that they will postponed the distribution for these pedals until nov 2012. Damn!

I'll get the red ecstasy for sure! I have to postpone other pedal purchases because I know for sure what I want for sure for once haha.

I prefer the blue one, easy to "include" ina pedalboard if you already have a good crunch and lead channel on your amp, the blue will sound amazing !!!!!

Back