The Screamer Test: TS808 vs Visual Sound Route 808 (Video)

Del Rei

Hi there!

Well, just made this video some years ago when I was searching for a good TS.
I always believed that original TS808 could have more low frequencies (bass). So, that's why tried a lot of TS-like to find the better for me.

Now I do not have any of these pedals anymore. Sold them. But at that time, did some records comparing.

Maybe I have screwed up the video because the VS is louder than the TS, and today I believe I should have adjusted the volumes to make the fair comparisons.

Anyway... Hope it can help someone:

I have a Jekyll & Hyde and after some common mods it was my favorite TS variant ever...until it died.

SpiderWars":3p4ndrto said:
I have a Jekyll & Hyde and after some common mods it was my favorite TS variant ever...until it died.

Yeah, never played that. But actually, never wondered Jekyll was kind of TS. What mod did you do?

Del Rei":2klpfvuc said:
SpiderWars":2klpfvuc said:

Yeah, never played that. But actually, never wondered Jekyll was kind of TS. What mod did you do?
The Jekyll was straight up 808 except the buffer was different (and better imo). IIRC, I increased the input cap to .1uF and I think that was it. It was a long time ago.

Back