Question about Dunlop Rotovibe

tpruitt

I just picked up a rotovibe. Is it normal on these to have to push the switch twice to turn them on or off?

I wouldn't think so... I have one, buried around somewhere. I know the switches can be a little touchy. Maybe it's sticking? IDK.

I didn’t think it was right. You have to push it twice to turn it on then twice to turn it off. Strange

So I replaced the switch with a new momentary switch I had laying around and it still does the same thing.
I find it hard to believe this is normal.
Has anyone had any issues like this?

There's 2 different versions of this pedal. The JH-4 and the JD-4. You want the JH-4 because it has an organic tone that the JD-4 doesn't have.

I got the original, it's has since been repaired .

20220616_180716.jpg

That's a Shin-ei. Did they check the tolerances of the LDRs while you had it repaired? That's what makes those units sound good, all the Photocells have to be in correct tolerances for a good vibe sound. I just had my Shin-ei Honey Vibe-Bro updated with better cells by the original maker of the unit, Dustin Sears and he owns one of Jimi Hendrix's Honey Uni-Vibes and he A/B'd it with mine and he said the waveform sounds very similar. I'd still like to own an original though. Your lucky to have one.

Back