ESP USA Guitars

JKingV2

Hello all.. Just bought a 2014 ESP USA Eclipse in see thru black cherry. When I was in the market for one, there wasn't a whole lot about these guitars from a user perspective that I could gather info from, so I thought I'd post here if anyone is considering forking over the 3-4 grand they go for. I will say this.. They may be expensive, but it feels worth every penny. The flame maple top is the best I've seen on any guitar. The neck joint is also ingenious on this style of guitar. They say it's a set thru neck guitar, and I wonder just how far the neck tenon extends into the body. If anyone has any info on that, please let me know. It has the Seymour Duncan APH pick up set and they sound good, but being a metal guy, I might go with a Bare Knuckle set. I know these guitars also come with EMGs but I didn't wanna go with active pickups. The Duncan's are good, but I think ESP figured being an LP style guitar, they'd go with a rock sounding pickup. Everything else on this guitar is superb tho, I haven't been able to put it down. The neck is super comfortable for fast playing and anything else.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4,102
I just recently saw a used one of these USA Eclipse models at a local guitar shop; didn't get a chance to play it, but it had a really great looking top on it.

Back