Rare Custom Plex Mod & Customer Feedback!

voodooamps

Customer Feedback - "The amp arrived safe and sound! This thing slays! Absolutely nailed it. The clarity & sustain this thing has - the notes seem to 'jump' off the fretboard. The harmonics. Sweet Baby Jesus. I am deeply in love with it. Thank You. Now to figure out if I can afford to take it to Europe with me this November when I go back on tour for the first time in 3 years.....Cheers!" - Chris Tsanjoures

Background On The Amp - This amp began life as a JCM800 2204 50 watter & it has seen its fair share of road miles over the years. The printed circuit board (pcb) had been previously Modded & as the control pots were directly mounted onto the pcb we opted to remove the pcb in favor of a hand wired board with a plexi circuit along with new control pots.

BRT SWITCHES - We installed (2) 3-position Bright switches (labeled ‘BRT’ in the pics), one for each Channel Volume control. This gives the player a great deal more versatility over the tone, gain & feel of the amp. Setting 2 is bypassed, settings 1 & 3 are values that were used on the older plexi circuits throughout the years.

CH-LINK SWITCH - Trace designed this several years ago, instead of using a jumper cable & 4 inputs, you can just flip the switch. IE: this gives you the same the same tone as plugging your guitar into the high input of the Treble Channel & adding a instrument ‘jumper’ cable that connects the low input jack of the same channel to the high input jack of the Bass Channel, which is the most popular way players jump the channels. This can now be done by flipping a switch, which in turn activates the Bass Channel Volume control if you need or want a warmer or fatter low end.

MASTER VOLUME – This is our ‘Post Phase Inverter’ Master Volume, which is the same design we use on our vintage V-Plex & V-Drive Series amps. It provides you with the vintage overdrive that is so essential to a plexi’s tone. You can now get plexi tones at bedroom levels & at gigging levels.

This is a Custom Mod that was performed through our Custom Shop. You will not find it on our site but if you are interested please email or call us 607-256-4065.

We hope you enjoyed this & please feel free to share as much as you like! - Cindy

Voodoo%20Amps%20Custom%20Plex%20Mod%20Large.png

Man that's a good looking amp!
I love my 87 jcm800 you guys modded. It's old that for sure. What year did you guys stop poring epoxy on the board?

The Fight":2r9r3e8u said:
I love my 87 jcm800 you guys modded. It's old that for sure. What year did you guys stop poring epoxy on the board?

Regrettably we epoxied approximately (12) amps with customer consent. Nearly all have since been rebuilt except for (2) that we know of.

voodooamps":1ugblxpb said:
The Fight":1ugblxpb said:

Regrettably we epoxied approximately (12) amps with customer consent. Nearly all have since been rebuilt except for (2) that we know of.

I have one of those 2 I think. :thumbsup:
It's one of the original Hex modded Marshalls. It still works perfectly. Sounds un-real. I run an original TC electronic Booster/Line driver into the input at 18v. The tone is to-die-for. Instant thrash machine and more.

One of these day I am gonna try and get it 'adjusted' for something more my style. The TC does the trick though.

Back