I got my Butterslax Modded *New vids*

DeathbyButterslax":10uvy50u said:
:rock: :rock: clips please!!! is the new right side knob the clank knob? So do you get to tailor those high mids yourself? And does it work in conjunction with the presence knob?

Ahhhh yeah!
The right side knob is the klank knob. Freq knob actually is what it’s called.
I talked to Dave about trying 3 way for it, but he said only 2 were really usable.
It really took the amp to another level as far as cut and clarity. I LOVE this switch.
All the switches are interactive respectively. So if you shift the frequency, the presence is on another shelf. Then you can tweak the NFB, presence and density from there to fine tune even more.
This amp is insane with the mods, and It was exactly what I was hoping it would do. I’ve had the chance to jam on it a couple more times and it really is an improvement for me, in the aspects I wanted. It sounds so Badass through the 412/15 Friedman cab, I’m totally glad I went through with the mods. :rock: The clean is nice and loud when switched over, and is a perfect clean for me. Lively and bold, bright clean. I’m totally stoked and content with this amp and my Herbert now.
All I got is an iPhone X now so I’ll try and get something up with it when I can crank it again.
Really wanting to go the torpedo live route soon though I think! Or the UA Ox has caught my attention more so!

Congrats man! Almost picked up a slax but went Shiva 20th due to a lack in funds. From your description of the mod you got, I think those tweaks would be spot on for my taste.

errrrrl":6ieesz8a said:
Oh damn dude I can't wait to hear that thing! Grats! :rock:

Thanks Bro, Got some little YouTube clips on the old iPhone X, uploading now. At least it’ll give an idea. Im close to pulling the trigger on a OX.

MetalHeadMike":6ieesz8a said:
Congrats man! Almost picked up a slax but went Shiva 20th due to a lack in funds. From your description of the mod you got, I think those tweaks would be spot on for my taste.
Thanks! I’ve had a Shiva 20th before, it was a cool amp. You should try a slax one day. Very amazing feel and tones to be had.

Influenza":6ieesz8a said:
Which controls and switches are new and what do they do?

I got 3 mods done. One on the clean channel. It makes it a lot cleaner and higher headroom, the other two are for making the gain channels tighter and angrier. I got a NFB pot for full sweep. The other is a freq knob that switches the presence shelf freq.

Back