BE100 versus JJ Amp? JBE setting versus HBE

NoTwang

Hello everyone,

I was comparing the specs on the BE-100 versus the forthcoming JJ 100 (Cantrell Signature) amp and I see the BE-100 uses 5 preamp tubes on the BE-100 versus 4 on the JJ100 amp?

The HBE uses an extra preamp tube and the JBE does not? Does the JBE utilize diode clipping?
Just wondering because it seems that the JJ100 has more gain.

I've sold a bunch of gear I did use all that much and was planning to use the proceeds on a new handwired high gain amp. I'm currently fond of the darker sounds of the Mesa Rectifier (I currently use a 50 watt Rectoverb). The JJ100 seems to have a darker sound closer to what I like, however I wonder if the BE-100 can be dialed in close to a similar sound. I also like the cosmetics of the JJ amp better, I'm not a fan of the offset Marshall. Can the BE-100 ordered with a standard Marshall look that is not the offset one?

Thanks for your help.

The new BE 100 has 4 preamp tubes. I think they use one less in the effects loop now. You will not be sorry if you buy any of the friedman amps. I have never been more pleased with my tone.

The offset is the only way. The jj is not Darker they are about the same in that department. Jj is a bit more aggressive.

Redirecting. How does JBE compare to the HBE on the latest BE100 and BE50.

More aggressive?
Brighter?
More or less compression?

I’m playing more with the Sat on HBE ans BE on my BE50 and it definitely sounds more aggressive than I remember a 2015 BE100. But I find HBE (Sat on or off) that the HBE add more gain, but I feel like it slightly losses treble or presence, but I feel I can dial it back in wish those knocks and also the Response.

Either way, it sounds amazing! Still honeymooning.

Cheers!

I have the updated Be-100 and JJ-100 the Jbe has tighter bass and more of a cutting mids there close but there is a difference even in the Be mode it seems

Deanmachine":1w2o4ai3 said:
I have the updated Be-100 and JJ-100 the Jbe has tighter bass and more of a cutting mids there close but there is a difference even in the Be mode it seems

Cool. Have you tried the BE50 Deluxe? ...I'm wondering how close the BE50 is to the JJ? I'd like to see a comparison of the JJ and BE50 on both the BE and J/HBE channels.

Back