BE-100 EFX Loop "Return" Level...

Junk Yard Dog":y1upt0xk said:
So is the FX loop plug and play or do you have to match the Return level with the Master levels?

You have two ways to deal with this when the FX loop is turned on. Both, to me, sound identical.

You can set the master 5/6'ish and use the Return volume for your overall volume.

You can set the return volume to almost exactly 3 o'clock and use the Master volume for your overall volume.

3 o'clock on the Return volume is unity. (if you set it to this setting and turn on/off the loop, you will hear no volume differences)

Dave I love the BE-100 "as is" with the Return Level sounds wonderful! The Effects-Loop is by far one of the "Best" I've ever owned.

atrox":3eaivl5e said:
Junk Yard Dog":3eaivl5e said:
So is the FX loop plug and play or do you have to match the Return level with the Master levels?

You have two ways to deal with this when the FX loop is turned on. Both, to me, sound identical.

You can set the master 5/6'ish and use the Return volume for your overall volume.

You can set the return volume to almost exactly 3 o'clock and use the Master volume for your overall volume.

3 o'clock on the Return volume is unity. (if you set it to this setting and turn on/off the loop, you will hear no volume differences)

Dude, you rock! I love how you laid this out. Exactly how I organize things to my Team.

MantraSky":3eaivl5e said:
Dave I love the BE-100 "as is" with the Return Level sounds wonderful! The Effects-Loop is by far one of the "Best" I've ever owned.

I agree. I love having Loop/Return knobs as Master VOlumes, whether I use FX or not.

Junk Yard Dog":1p1v6jp6 said:
Anyone notice a difference in tone or none at all when using the Loop?

There will always be a difference in tone when a loop is engaged. It's a bunch more "stuff" for the signal to pass through. That said, the Friedman loops are pretty damn transparent. I have a hard time telling the difference

I had my pedalboard (Friedman Plat Package 15x25) redone to put my TC spark, Vapor Trail Delay, and HOF in the loop.

Plugged it in to the BE50:

Man: No perceived tonal loss whatsoever and we had the Masters on 3 and the Return on 3/4 or 3:00. I brought the amp to the amp shop down the street and they guys (all former GC reps who started their own thing) came into the room and were impressed with the BE50 ...and no my playing. Anywho, they all know Friedman amps well, and just complimented away. They've played and heard all the big amps, so while they weren't freaking out, they knew what the amp could do and were really impressed with the new features. ...They weren't freaking out because they've head and played all the SLOs, 800s, even a Cameron former owner in the room.

Anyway, we ran the FX loop both ways:
1) Return at 3:00 and Master to taste (3 was loud enough)
2) Return at noon to control volume and the Masters at 5 or 12:00.

Clear winner: We all liked as Dave suggests: 1) Return at 3:00 and Master to taste. It just was a bit more raw and organic, though I'm sure number 2) could be EQ'd to get really close, but 1) is the way to go to our collective ears, and I trust theirs more than mine. .

Again, we cut the loop switch on and off and we could not hear a single difference or drop out of any of the tone.

If anyone was worried about tonal loss using the loop: don't be.

If anyone was worried (like me) about how best to run the loop and Return level: don't be. It works flawlessly.

Back