BE 100 Gen 1 vs Gen 2 Observations +

I have yet to send my BE100 in for updates but if it makes the amp more open and less dark then I'm all for it. That being said though, I've still yet to hear clips that make a big difference between the new updates and the older BE.

Adambomb":965ckj0g said:
I have yet to send my BE100 in for updates but if it makes the amp more open and less dark then I'm all for it. That being said though, I've still yet to hear clips that make a big difference between the new updates and the older BE.

It’s a huge difference. Forget about clips.

If you really want to open up the amp, have Dave add the Response control.

RedPlated":15nd5jx0 said:
Adambomb":15nd5jx0 said:

Yeah I am trying to decide if I should buy the BE-50 or have Dave mod a used BE-100. A few have come up for great prices used.

The Synergy caps, and NFB change is super worth it. I had my reservation at first, but I have totally change my tune.

I believed what Dave had told me about the Synergy Caps & NF modification, but it was when I played it in person that I can hear the Rawness and articulation that made me happy but next was very important, I needed to hear it “Live & Recording” awesome is the best discription.

JerEvil":3mebdt7i said:
RedPlated":3mebdt7i said:
Adambomb":3mebdt7i said:

Yeah I am trying to decide if I should buy the BE-50 or have Dave mod a used BE-100. A few have come up for great prices used.

I've played both. Wouldn't ever give up my modded BE-100 for the BE-50. I greatly prefer the aesthetics of my BE-100 in a smaller head shell to the BE-50 as well. That gold line running through the middle of the BE-50 head shell drives me nuts.

The BE-50 is all the rage right now because it’s new. Adding the “Deluxe” features to the 100 will get you a killer amp. There’s a mint BE-100 on my local Craigslist right now for $2350.

gRjBGujl.jpg

RedPlate, that's a cool mod on your BE! I love the look of "My" BE100 just the simplicity, beautiful sounding amp!

RedPlated":14zzt86l said:
JerEvil":14zzt86l said:
RedPlated":14zzt86l said:
Adambomb":14zzt86l said:

I've played both. Wouldn't ever give up my modded BE-100 for the BE-50. I greatly prefer the aesthetics of my BE-100 in a smaller head shell to the BE-50 as well. That gold line running through the middle of the BE-50 head shell drives me nuts.

The BE-50 is all the rage right now because it’s new. Adding the “Deluxe” features to the 100 will get you a killer amp. There’s a mint BE-100 on my local Craigslist right now for $2350.

gRjBGujl.jpg

RedPlated: what version/year BE100 did you have modded and what mods did you add?

Man I have a 2018 BE-100 and I just love it. I have never played any of the earlier ones because quite frankly, I was not in a position to own one and didn't want to hate my other amps for NOT being a BE! LOL!

Honestly I am glad to have the model I have because knowing me I'd ave modded it every time there was a revision. I have thought about modding to the Deluxe spec's but I think I am in the minority in the sense that I love the BE clean. I would like to maybe add the Thump and Resonance though.

JerEvil":3mg419bf said:
Honestly I am glad to have the model I have because knowing me I'd ave modded it every time there was a revision. I have thought about modding to the Deluxe spec's but I think I am in the minority in the sense that I love the BE clean. I would like to maybe add the Thump and Resonance though.

If you love the BE clean, you will pee yourself over the Buxom clean. It does change up the HBE mode a little, but for the better IMO.

JerEvil":2gjuxcgd said:
Man I have a 2018 BE-100 and I just love it. I have never played any of the earlier ones because quite frankly, I was not in a position to own one and didn't want to hate my other amps for NOT being a BE! LOL!

Yep. Couldn't agree more. It's bad ass no matter what version. And that's the reality of it. Having the latest and greatest is good but being in the game is fun period.

Back