Grills

GOHOINC

Anybody with any experience getting a grill mod for their Friedman? Thinking of trying to get a black tolex grill for my butterslax. Can I order one through tone merchants or contact Friedman direct? Thanks for the assist.

You must mean a new head shell. You can’t order just the front. They’re $350 or so. You can order them from Tone Merchants.

4lH1lwsl.jpg

Well that's somewhat disappointing as the grill is removable with juste couple screws. I suppose it's time for a DIY...

GOHOINC":1m08se6h said:
Well that's somewhat disappointing as the grill is removable with juste couple screws. I suppose it's time for a DIY...

I never checked to see if the front pops out by itself. Give Rob a call at Tone Merchants and see if he will do just the front. I was under the impression that you had to get the entire head shell but maybe I’m wrong. I ended up using the head shell for my BE100 so it worked out that I bought the full head shell.

Fyi, the good folks at boutique amps distribution got back to me and are preparing to send out a new grill for my butterslax.

:thumbsup: Matches your cab better. Looks good.
That JJ stack is sexy also.
Does the little nook it’s in project the sound more? Looks neat

Yea I just got the comet tolex os212 in trade for my wheat grill 412. I was going to buy a helios 212 for the slax but the trade worked well enough. I swapped one of the v30s for a heritage 65 in it and like that combo, similar to the v30 and m65 creamback combo in the jj's cab.

The nook actually quiets it down a bit I think. I keep it in there more for protection and to keep it out of the way. I'm finishing another room in the basement as a music room so it will all get moved once it's done.

I’m really wanting to get a be50dlx styled grill on my incoming butterslax. Going to have to hit them up soon

Back