For those who have updated their Friedman amps

Econ

For those who have updated their Friedman amps to current specs, do you start the process directly with Dave or do you go through Tone Merchants (Rob)?

Definitely talk to Dave, however I recently asked him about some options and he is really busy with the NAMM show that is happening in a couple weeks. I’m waiting until Feb to connect with him again and I’d wait to attempt to contact him until Feb after NAMM.

Two identical threads going on I think. I was told to wait till after NAMM too so next month February seems like the time. Thanks Dave.

I really want to see if Dave can mod my BE100 with some of the options on the new BE50, but will wait until after NAMM to do so.

I played a friend's new BE50 yesterday and it was amazing. The clean channel is the best I've ever heard on a channel switcher. And I've had most boutique channel switchers.

MantraSky":31ep3muf said:
Dave does Great Modifications (quality work through out).

He is also very accommodating and has great customer service! He recently modded and updated my Smallbox 50 and it is sounding amazing!!!

4406cuda":adgln5ja said:
MantraSky":adgln5ja said:

He is also very accommodating and has great customer service! He recently modded and updated my Smallbox 50 and it is sounding amazing!!!

May i ask what mods he did ? Just curious as to what is possible

faisalbaig313":2fbjxrkb said:
4406cuda":2fbjxrkb said:
MantraSky":2fbjxrkb said:

May i ask what mods he did ? Just curious as to what is possible

Dave added a simple clean channel to my smallbox. Now I am able to run the plexi channel with gain on ten and have a ultra clean channel.

Synergy cap conversion / Negative Feedback / Gain Structure / Clean Channel conversion BE-100 to SS-100 (these are some of the mods). Dave does exceptional quality work :)

4406cuda":dag48hst said:
MantraSky":dag48hst said:

I am curious about what mod(s) you had done to your Smalll Box?

John 14:6":2t3nimg6 said:
4406cuda":2t3nimg6 said:
MantraSky":2t3nimg6 said:

Dave added a simple clean channel to my Smallbox 50. Now I am able to run the Plexi channel with gain on ten and have a ultra clean channel. It is now a three channel amp.

4406cuda":2dw7qwf0 said:
John 14:6":2dw7qwf0 said:
4406cuda":2dw7qwf0 said:
MantraSky":2dw7qwf0 said:

Dave added a simple clean channel to my Smallbox 50. Now I am able to run the Plexi channel with gain on ten and have a ultra clean channel. It is now a three channel amp.

about how much does that cost?

Back