Butterslax powertubes

///MK

Getting startup noise assuming my power tubes are a bit worn out. Any recommendations for powertubes for butterslax amp?

Current production are EH. My last Butterslax had TAD el34bstr from factory. However, I’ve tried almost every el34 in my Friedmans and always come back to JJ el34’s. They sound the most balanced and have just the right amount of compression.

RACKSYSTEMS":19q07dgl said:
Yeah the jj is great if they didnt just suck these days.. so many issues just awful. They use to be great..

I buy from Amplified Parts or Tube Depot. So far, no problems with those. But I understand that they aren’t reliable enough to put into 100 amps per month without failures.

///MK":56pf47e9 said:
Getting startup noise assuming my power tubes are a bit worn out. Any recommendations for powertubes for butterslax amp?
Haven't seen you around here for a long time - how the hell ya doing??

TAD stock with my brand-new Slax, keen to see how the JJ E34L (not the EL34, but the E34L) would sound, or 77s. Right now - no problems - amp is fine - but down the road I have my ideas... GL..?? 5751 in V1...??

Always thinking....

Ventura":27s0y2td said:
///MK":27s0y2td said:
Haven't seen you around here for a long time - how the hell ya doing??

TAD stock with my brand-new Slax, keen to see how the JJ E34L (not the EL34, but the E34L) would sound, or 77s. Right now - no problems - amp is fine - but down the road I have my ideas... GL..?? 5751 in V1...??

Always thinking....

Hey man, didn't you sell yours??

DeathbyButterslax":1r6y9atg said:
Hey man, didn't you sell yours??
I thought about selling it and the JJ for a short while, then decided that - No!! I am keeping them.

The JJ100 is plug and play, perfect tonal beast (though it might be getting modded to better serve one particular need I wish for).

The Slax just needed some fine tuning a la 10-band EQ in the loop and some pending bottle changes. New out of box it was glaring and gave me ear fatigue after 30min of moderate to loud playing...didn't matter which cab I used. Just started sounding glassy and glaring. the MXR M108S works wonders in the loop, and I'll be toying with some darker 12AX7 tubes in the circuit and might even try a 5751 in V1

Peace :salute:

Back