I got my Butterslax Modded *New vids*

LunatiBSW

I can’t tell y’all how pumped I am for the mods I’m getting done on my slax.
It was either this or buyin another amp, so I figured what the hell, why not change a couple little things and make it my favorite flame thrower.
I want it evil, I want the clean to get cleaner. I’m getting it tighter, and wanting more aggressive attack. Love this amp, think I’m gonna love it even more. Hopefully the most!!!

The kicker is shipping.
$70 from TX to CA. Then another $70 for insurance cause I don’t trust any shipping Company. I’m not a gambling man either.
I took a ton of pics before I boxed it, while I boxed it, and after.
It’s shipping in original box with extra padding I added. So hopefully it’ll make a safe trip there and back. Shipping always worries me.

Update: it’s here and it’s nasty.

Here’s one with passives drop tuned:

Here’s a clip in standard drop d with actives:

LunatiBSW":13gmbncg said:
I can’t tell y’all how pumped I am for the mods I’m getting done on my slax.
It was either this or buyin another amp, so I figured what the hell, why not change a couple little things and make it my favorite flame thrower.
I want it evil, I want the clean to get cleaner. I’m getting it tighter, and wanting more aggressive attack. Love this amp, think I’m gonna love it even more. Hopefully the most!!!

The kicker is shipping.
$70 from TX to CA. Then another $70 for insurance cause I don’t trust any shipping Company. I’m not a gambling man either.
I took a ton of pics before I boxed it, while I boxed it, and after.
It’s shipping in original box with extra padding I added. So hopefully it’ll make a safe trip there and back. Shipping always worries me.

Good luck. Dave told me to reach out again in March because he's booked solid now. I'll be sending in my JJ for some tweakage.

RACKSYSTEMS":3pe7f7dr said:
Your getting ripped off if you are paying 140 in shipping. Generally a amp is 75.00 or so insured.

Who do you use? Is that insured the full amount of the amp?
I still have the receipt. I can always call their Customer Service.
They said it was $70 to ship to CA. That gave it $100 insurance only.
Then to insure $3500 it was $70. ($2 per additional $100 of insurance.)
I asked a couple questions. They said basically if it happened to get lost, I’d get back $100. So I opted for the additional insurance. I can’t be out that much on an amp I got new.

I remember when I bought an uber from a dude in CA it was similar to ship full insurance though, he told me.

Dave, do you have any thing I can tell the shipping company? It seemed high and I don’t mind telling them.

Most of the time if an individual is shipping it’s quite a bit more.
When a business is shipping, there is a substantial discount.

If you can get a music store to ship it, then yeah what Dave said, $75-$100.
Go to UPS or FedEx and they will charge double that, ridiculous!!

I have a Fedex business account. I shipped a set of wheels from a Fedex hub years back and the cashier told me she'd sign me up as long as I had a credit card. I don't have a business. Maybe you can try signing up for that type account. I usually pay around $70-80 total to ship an amp across country, fully insured. I'm charged $1 per $100 insurance by Fedex. And I can create shipping labels from home. Very convenient.

DG335":1tqse7q7 said:
Good luck. Dave told me to reach out again in March because he's booked solid now. I'll be sending in my JJ for some tweakage.

Thanks, gives you a little time to make sure you get everything you want in :thumbsup:

GtarLover":19r937fz said:
Most of the time if an individual is shipping it’s quite a bit more.
When a business is shipping, there is a substantial discount.

If you can get a music store to ship it, then yeah what Dave said, $75-$100.
Go to UPS or FedEx and they will charge double that, ridiculous!!

That makes sense for sure. Sucks for the individual

DeathbyButterslax":31vcb0ac said:
Can’t wait to hear some clips man :rock:, I’m hoping to do a couple things to mine in the springtime

I bet it will nail what I’m looking for. I’ve also been playing a wizard mtl that has been crushing and having me gassing. But this slax should slay.
You’ll prob wanna get some similar mods.

RedPlated":pvt0iwbl said:
I have a Fedex business account. I shipped a set of wheels from a Fedex hub years back and the cashier told me she'd sign me up as long as I had a credit card. I don't have a business. Maybe you can try signing up for that type account. I usually pay around $70-80 total to ship an amp across country, fully insured. I'm charged $1 per $100 insurance by Fedex. And I can create shipping labels from home. Very convenient.

Time to look into a FedEx bus account. :D

LunatiBSW":1x0c0ehv said:
DeathbyButterslax":1x0c0ehv said:
Can’t wait to hear some clips man :rock:, I’m hoping to do a couple things to mine in the springtime

I bet it will nail what I’m looking for. I’ve also been playing a wizard mtl that has been crushing and having me gassing. But this slax should slay.

Well please keep me updated! I'm stoked for you man

Aw dude, I can't wait to hear it, after all I'm your number 1 fan ;) I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want to copy everything you do lol, so Dave keep those notes handy :LOL: :LOL:

If you're shipping to Dave for work, can't he send you a label through his account? That would be the cheapest/easiest option. Then he could just add that cost onto the bill for the mods.

DeathbyButterslax":3pi6z5ga said:
LunatiBSW":3pi6z5ga said:
DeathbyButterslax":3pi6z5ga said:

Well please keep me updated! I'm stoked for you man
For sure dude :thumbsup:

errrrrl":1grutsqe said:
Aw dude, I can't wait to hear it, after all I'm your number 1 fan ;) I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want to copy everything you do lol, so Dave keep those notes handy :LOL: :LOL:

You are greatness brah.
It’s gonna be like the butterslax+ haha.
My buddy has some good recording before he moves before summer. We’ll try and get some good clips of it, the be50, and the wizard mtl hopefully.

DG335":3f1655yj said:
If you're shipping to Dave for work, can't he send you a label through his account? That would be the cheapest/easiest option. Then he could just add that cost onto the bill for the mods.

It’ll be there tomorrow. But prob wouldn’t hurt to ask if it ever needed to go back.
Hopefully this will the only trip there for a good long while.
I almost thought about asking him but didn’t.....

Boys....the eagle has landed :rock:
And it is ripping my face off
The freq switch is exactly what I was hoping for (more cut, more bite, more klank),
the response is great for tailoring to cabs and guitars.
The clean is big and bold and clean, a loud Plexi clean, and it can be switch back to stock which is awesome.

This thing is brutal, only had a short time testing it, can’t wait to play it more.

00a0a_88owSV3jlEH_1200x900.jpg

LunatiBSW":2b6ixv3w said:
The freq switch is exactly what I was hoping for (more cut, more bite, more klank),
The clean is big and bold and clean, a loud Plexi clean, and it can be switch back to stock which is awesome.

This thing is brutal, only had a short time testing it, can’t wait to play it more.

Awesome man!

LunatiBSW":2tp9e88j said:

:rock: :rock: clips please!!! is the new right side knob the clank knob? So do you get to tailor those high mids yourself? And does it work in conjunction with the presence knob?

Back