Friedman amps vs Friedman Synergy modules

faisalbaig313

Hey guys,
For some one like me, light weight, low cost modules seems like a sure shot win.
Just wondering what the trade off is; if any.

If someone has a BE-100 head and also played with the Synergy Modules, your thoughts would be appreciated.
I wonder if Dave offers mods for the Synergy modules which carry his brand name. Perhaps the distance between the amp and module, if any, could be further reduced.

Cheers guys!
Thanks

faisalbaig313":1zn9fg8b said:
Hey guys,
For some one like me, light weight, low cost modules seems like a sure shot win.
Just wondering what the trade off is; if any.

If someone has a BE-100 head and also played with the Synergy Modules, your thoughts would be appreciated.
I wonder if Dave offers mods for the Synergy modules which carry his brand name. Perhaps the distance between the amp and module, if any, could be further reduced.

Cheers guys!
Thanks
Is that a serious question? The module will sound GREAT for what it is.......a model or a digital approximation of Friedman's flagship $3700 BE100 handwired 100 watt all tube amplifier, state of the art bang bang. No...... there is a worls of difference. You get what you pay for. Differnet worlds for different aplications.

Thanks for the reply John.
The Friedman branded synergy modules are tube preamp circuits, designed by Friedman.
Exactly why i asked, as the whole eco-system is so different. But i trust Friedman's integrity when they put their name on something and just wanted to know what people who have heard or played both amp and modules think of the differences and similarities.
Cheers

Henning has some videos on youtube comparing the modules to the real amp, pretty close. I'm waiting on the syn30 head and have a be module coming with it.

Back