synergy caps and nfb 4ohm tap on be 100

donho

anybody have a list that shows which caps are synergy caps.
i want to replace the mallorys with the new snyergy caps and want to make sure i get the correct values and locations.
also what is the 4 ohm tap nfb mod and how can a guy tell if my 2016 has this mod.
thanks

No disrespect intended but if you don't know the answer to these questions you have no business inside an amp with lethal voltages..Please do some research and BE CAREFUL!!!

mixn4him":1949lxs3 said:
No disrespect intended but if you don't know the answer to these questions you have no business inside an amp with lethal voltages..Please do some research and BE CAREFUL!!!
none taken, have the experience buddy but thanks for your concern.
just thought maybe someone had a list when they did theirs. okay.

donho":p0hp5ph2 said:
mixn4him":p0hp5ph2 said:

Ok great just a lot people out there thinking they can just open up an amp and start poking around.

Most of the coupling caps are .022's . There is probably 1 or 2 .0022's and then the .1 for the phase inverter and presence pot. Bypass caps use to be .68 electrolytics but I used the Sozo's as it sounded better in my personal build.

mixn4him":3z445mgx said:
donho":3z445mgx said:
mixn4him":3z445mgx said:

Ok great just a lot people out there thinking they can just open up an amp and start poking around.

Most of the coupling caps are .022's . There is probably 1 or 2 .0022's and then the .1 for the phase inverter and presence pot. Bypass caps use to be .68 electrolytics but I used the Sozo's as it sounded better in my personal build.
A lot of people bag on electrolytic caps as bypass caps, but like everything else in that amp, Dave used the electrolytic's for a reason.
I would suggest you change out the film caps and do the NFB first and try the amp before you consider doing the electrolytics.
The NFB mod makes the amp brighter.
Going from the Mallory's to the synergy's changes the perception of the amount of bass present ( feels like slightly less bass with the Synergy's ).
Swapping electrolytics for film, even if they are the same value, will have the same effect, but more so.
You may like the effect. You may not.
Going from the Mallory's to the Synergy's has generally been considered a positive move by the people that have done it, as has the NFB mod. Swapping out the electrolytics as well may be too much.
Just wanted to give you a heads up, and maybe save you some work, depending on what you're trying to accomplish with your amp.

Back