Lower filtering on newest SS100 models?

QOTSA_Lover

I just bought a band new SS100 because I felt in love a few years ago when I tried it the first time :)

I am just wondering if Dave lowered the filtering on the SS100.
The preamp has a 16+16uf instead of the older 22+22uf
I also noticed a missing 100uf cap in the power section.

Can anybody confirm this or I am wrong?

It always had 16’s in the preamp and it’s not missing a 100uf it use to have 2 33uf caps in series and now just has 1 47uf is the spot. So in reality it’s a bit stiffer.. or tighter. There might have been a min that we used 22uf in the pre because of supply issues. That change would really have no change to the sound.

https://www.google.de/search?q=friedman ... BnK1x4hKyM:

Hey Dave
Thank you very much for the reply.
My SS100 has the same filtering as on the BE100 picture above but with the 16uf 16uf preamp filtering.

And that's exactly why I am asking because there is only one 33uf and no 2x 33uf in series. The 100uf I mentioned above was my mistake. I meant the second 33uf in the poweramp. Amp feels a bit loose compared to a 2014 Modell I played a few years back for several shows.

Is it possible to make it a tiny bit stiffer? Changing the single 33uf to 47uf would do the trick?

No it’s actually tighter..with the filtering.. I haven’t used the dual 33 caps in series for 3 years or so. Also there was a brief time we rolled some thickness out of the ss. Maybe you tried on of those.. want it tighter I can tell you what you can do..

Hey Dave
yeah a tad stiffer/tighter would be great.
Should I send you an EMail or whats the best way?
Thanks for your support

Back