Bogner 2x12 OS + BE50: Speaker Mix Suggestions

Junk Yard Dog

Grabbing a used Bogner OS 2x12 to go with my Friedman BE50. I play hard rock, and occasionally boost the BE channel for harder rock to some metal tones.

The I plan to leave a V30 or replace that one with a Hellatone 60L (less spiky, deeper lows V30 from Mode 4 cabs) in there and mix it with either a:

--Creamback H75
--Scumback J75
--Creamback M65
--Hellaone 60L (the old Mode 4 V30s)
--Scumback H55
--K100
--Redback 150

Looking for suggestions or experiences with a similar setup.

Cheers!

I dont have a BE50 but I have a JJ and a slax and 2 OS212s. All of mine have 1 V30 and to go with it I have tried M65 Cream back, Heritage 65 and an Alnico Cream.

I liked the M65 / V30 combo with my JJ but it is a dark amp and with that combo of speakers was just a bit too dark overall. I now use the V30/Alnico Cream with the JJ and it smokes. Great note definition and clarity from the amp, nothing spiky or ice picky in the tone from the cab.

I used the V30/Heritage 65 with my butterslax until I got the butterslax cab and it smoked as well, using it now with my ecstasy classic head, but once the head sells I will run it along with the other 212 under the JJ... Bit more "classic" sounding than the alnico cream but still smooth, no ice pick.

I think a mix is the best way to go vs. 2 v30s. I did not get along with the H75 for whatever that is worth...

Back