BE 100 DLX

Interesting...I dont know that I would really wish for more power on the BE/HBE side of my BE50DLX. I wouldnt mind a little more headroom (and maybe a gain knob) on the Buxom side (LOVE the Buxom side), but having more power on the other side wouldnt be a huge draw I dont think. Its already pretty huge...

echoplexi1974":23qbowly said:
Dave was also mentioning on tone talk that he will be developing a single channel plexi style amp. Can't wait to see what that develops into.

I’m super interested in this. The DS40 is by and large my favorite amp I’ve ever owned but in spite of its seeming similarities it’s a fairly different tone than a traditional Superlead. Even though I just picked up a second hand Metropoulos 12000 that completely rules I’d really love to hear Dave’s take on a straight up Plexi style amp. Curious to see where they diverge from each other.

CrazyNutz":goz8us92 said:
Yeah, none of the updates makes the past models obsolete in any way. My prediction, as with all great amps, there will be a particular year/model that is sought after. History has shown this to "usually" be the early models.

I disagree. It may happen that a specific older version still has its lovers.
However, typically the old versions lose a little value because it is simply no longer fully up to date.
It doesn't make these amps any worse, but I am sure Dave has made sure, the new version covers all old territory.

It would even make sense if the BE-100 Deluxe would replace the BE-100.

Influenza":5q9dz9u3 said:
CrazyNutz":5q9dz9u3 said:
Yeah, none of the updates makes the past models obsolete in any way. My prediction, as with all great amps, there will be a particular year/model that is sought after. History has shown this to "usually" be the early models.

I disagree. It may happen that a specific older version still has its lovers.
However, typically the old version lose a little value because it is simply no longer fully up to date.
It doesn't make these amps any worse, but I am sure Dave has made sure, the new version covers all old territory.

I would even make sense if the BE-100 Deluxe would replace the BE-100.

Sure It is that way at this moment, but look at all the great past amps, and guitars for that matter. There are sought after years, and it's almost never the very latest.

My BE-50 DLX sounds really good, though I really love my 2015 BE-100 that Dave had modified, which sounds amazing live to recording studio.

MantraSky":1jz99v9e said:
My BE-50 DLX sounds really good, though I really love my 2015 BE-100 that Dave had modified, which sounds amazing live to recording studio.

What mods were done to the 2015 BE-100?

Thanks!

I am surprised anyone is surprised... why wouldn't there be a 100 Deluxe at some point.

I have to say, it would be awesome to have a mod done like an "old/new? for the BE and HBE channels so you could switch between the two. I personally love the clean on my 100 so not concerned with that update.

Figures I just got a 2018 BE-100. Love it though!

Dave what is different about the BE/HBE circuit? Are the 2018 easily modded to the new circuit?

mulletmule":2n67m3fp said:

Dave what is different about the BE/HBE circuit? Are the 2018 easily modded to the new circuit?
Sounds like the circuit is the same with some added features to tweak the tone. The difference is the clean which is now the Plexi clean from the SB. It also has a global MV. No reason to sell yours and buy the Dlx IMO.

LP Freak":3tww4nk7 said:
mulletmule":3tww4nk7 said:

Sounds like the circuit is the same with some added features to tweak the tone. The difference is the clean which is now the Plexi clean from the SB. It also has a global MV. No reason to sell yours and buy the Dlx IMO.

I have to imagine you are correct! Hey I see see your from Chicagoish lol. I'm heading to Rockford next week. Any cool music stores in that area to check out?

LP Freak":10vcyfe9 said:
Chicago Music Exchange but that’s not too close to Rockford.

Good point though I'll be landing at O'Hare and will have a vehicle so maybe I'll go there. Thank you!

Also I am loving the BE-1000!

I asked one of the big Friedman dealers a couple of days ago. He said they had them on order but are still waiting for ETA on the first shipment.

I know, I know - clear as mud. :confused:

Back