BE 100 DLX

These were just custom amps for him because he wanted it loud with headroom.. look at the settings.. rip your head right off.. I respect that.

Beandust":ceynsyqb said:
Best of luck to all who own a BE100. Exciting news for those who love vaseline and knee pads

So Dave should never revise, or release new versions of his amps just because people already own the previous version?

Do you feel the same way when an auto manufacturer releases a new version of your car?

CrazyNutz":1mugpytb said:
Beandust":1mugpytb said:
Best of luck to all who own a BE100. Exciting news for those who love vaseline and knee pads

So Dave should never revise, or release new versions of his amps just because people already own the previous version?

Do you feel the same way when an auto manufacturer releases a new version of your car?[/quote
maybe you shouldn't make words appear I didnt type. Didn't mention anyone should or should not do anything. I am sure he is in business to make money so hopefully that doesnt need further explanation. All I did was state the obvious. Unless the price of the Be100 deluxe is going to be 2x more than a be100 the price and used market for a be100 will as mentioned take a large hit. If the be100 deluxe didnt offer everything a be100 offers plus a shitload more then again no need to mention. Well, sorry that ain't the case. So if you bought a friedman be100 in the last 5 years love it or just throw 1500 or more out the window and smile when you do it. Same will apply as flipping it. Simple101 And I will decline making financial comparisons to a fucking tube amp and an automobile, by which is the most depreciating asset on the fucking planet. Lol

CrazyNutz":3ri2sdd4 said:
Ahh, So the BE100 may be worth less on the used market. Good to know. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:
Used is already worth less as you know :confused: I was simply stating, now even more so. And of course I hope I am completely 100% wrong on this as I own one. Thanks

Personally I think the Friedman line is getting kinda bloated. What's next, small box deluxe?

But that is the environment guitar manufacturers live in. If you don't come out with something new, you aren't evolving....

echoplexi1974":2e2p4b5s said:
Personally I think the Friedman line is getting kinda bloated. What's next, small box deluxe?

But that is the environment guitar manufacturers live in. If you don't come out with something new, you aren't evolving....
In business if you dont grow you die" I personally hope the Friedman products are around for the entirety of earths existence. Gas prevails

echoplexi1974":kzvqfyf5 said:

It's not unique to guitar manufacturers. You make what the customers want to buy.

Bxlxaxkxe":1254wecg said:
echoplexi1974":1254wecg said:

It's not unique to guitar manufacturers. You make what the customers want to buy.

100%.

That is true, everything Dave comes out with is killer. If the BE100 deluxe sounds better than my 2013 BE100, I'm buying! Dave was also mentioning on tone talk that he will be developing a single channel plexi style amp. Can't wait to see what that develops into.

echoplexi1974":u9oopnrg said:
I'm buying! Dave was also mentioning on tone talk that he will be developing a single channel plexi style amp. Can't wait to see what that develops into.

That's interesting. I wonder if it's just the plexi Channel of the Smallbox, or is something else.

A plexi that can go from plexi cleans to high gain would be awesome.

echoplexi1974":3qynd283 said:
That is true, everything Dave comes out with is killer. If the BE100 deluxe sounds better than my 2013 BE100, I'm buying! Dave was also mentioning on tone talk that he will be developing a single channel plexi style amp. Can't wait to see what that develops into.

Yup, I agree that all the stuff Dave puts out is amazing, but I don't think any of the newer versions are necessarily better than the older versions, they just sound/feel a little different, with a few added features etc..
If you don't own one yet, great - buy the new one with all the updates.
If you have an older one, make sure you try a new one first before you dump the old one, because they ARE different.
My 2015 still sounds better TO ME than any of the updated versions, including the 50 watt deluxe, and I've tried them all.
I've got no problem with Dave updating the models, and if he puts out a newer BE100 that I like better then the one I have, I'll buy it. Otherwise my "old" BE100 is still delivering the goods, and puts a smile on my face every time I plug in.
YMMV

Yeah, none of the updates makes the past models obsolete in any way. My prediction, as with all great amps, there will be a particular year/model that is sought after. History has shown this to "usually" be the early models.

CrazyNutz":az3sd7ez said:
Yeah, none of the updates makes the past models obsolete in any way. My prediction, as with all great amps, there will be a particular year/model that is sought after. History has shown this to "usually" be the early models.

I agree. Sure, others may dump their previous gen BE's for the latest models, and good for them and good for the buyer of a used previous gen BE.

I love my BE50.

Back