Buxom Betty tubes and loud pop turning on Reverb

GOHOINC

Just scored a Buxom Betty on a pretty sweet deal from GC.com. Upon arrival I found the tubes had been removed. Can anyone confirm the placement of the 2 - 12AX7A vs the 1 - 12AX7? I have them (looking at back of amp) from left to right both 12AX7A on the left side of reverb jacks and the 12AX7 to the right side of the reverb jacks. Amp powers up and sounds great, reverb is functioning but I am getting a loud pop when I use the reverb footswitch.

I couldnt find a tube layout online for the BB and assumed the 12AX7 was for the reverb and was the tube "by itself" on the right of the reverb jacks (again looking at back of amp)...

I couldnt find a tube layout online for the BB and assumed the 12AX7 was for the reverb and was the tube "by itself" on the right of the reverb jacks (again looking at back of amp)...[/quote]

That's a good guess on the tube for the reverb however, I don't know what the A designation is for on that tube. Typically a reverb driver would be a 12At7 or a 12AY7.

I would install the 12AX7's in V1 and V3 and try the 12AX7A in V2

The popping on the reverb footswitch is a fairly common issue and has been over the years from what I understand.

It's possible that you a grounding issue most likely in the pedal cable connection. I would try to borrow another reverb pedal to determine if it's in the cord connection.

I'd like to read your review.

That's my 2 cents worth

BV

Thanks Dave. After playing some more last night I found after start up if I clicked the reverb on and off 7 or 8 times or so, the popping went away. Thanks for the info on the tubes.

Back