Gigged the 2x12 Friedman extension cab last night

ChrisM

Picked up a used 2x12 Friedman extension cab last week. It had two G12H75 speakers in it. I swapped one out for a well worn-in V30 and gigged it last night. Wow! I've been playing a stock Zbest cab for about 5 years. Thought that was a great cab, but paired with my Smallbox the Friedman cab killed. Every note stood out both rhythm and lead. Cleans were amazing. Big difference to my ear. Highly recommend the cabinet with that combo of speakers.

Did i sell you that thing on Reverb? If so, i loved that cab. Glad you're digging it!

I picked this up locally (Raleigh) off CraigsList. Was not looking for another 2x12" since I had one, but I couldn't resist the idea of the matching cab. Glad I made the purchase!

I was thinking about mixing a V30 with either an H75 or Redback.

I love the Friedman 2x12. All my amps sound badass with it. Even my Splawn, and people say Splawn’s hate V30s.

What amp you playing through your Friedman?

ChrisM":n49a4hua said:
I picked this up locally (Raleigh) off CraigsList. Was not looking for another 2x12" since I had one, but I couldn't resist the idea of the matching cab. Glad I made the purchase!

Ahhh. I just recently sold one to a guy in Raleigh on Reverb with the H75's in it. I wonder if it's the same one

Junk Yard Dog":91sg9rab said:
I was thinking about mixing a V30 with either an H75 or Redback.

I love the Friedman 2x12. All my amps sound badass with it. Even my Splawn, and people say Splawn’s hate V30s.

What amp you playing through your Friedman?

I have a Smallbox, a Runt 50, and a JTM 45 clone. I've tried it with several but I've only used my Smallbox in a band context.

It is my favorite 212 cab. Love mine! Great punch when playing live and any amp sounds great through it! I modded mine with some metal side handles and some Mesa trac loc casters. Works and sounds great!

Back