Fell in love with the Buxom Boost (again)

maddnotez

Banned
I had 5 boosts, 2 amps and some of them had to go.

I have a Rev 2 Uber and had the JP2C. I tested the KOT, Koko, Buxom, Bloody Murder clone and Keeley D&M.

All of these act different depending on the room and situation so it was a tough one. I will say that one of THE best tones I had gotten in a band mix was with the JP2C and the Buxom. It was unbelievably good. I feel the Mesa is extremely well thought out and sits in the mix perfectly. Compliments the bass, doesn't get in the way and just awesome whereas the Rev 2 is just massive and crushing but likes to butt heads with other frequencies.

So my drummer quit and we are all getting old and while I still jam with some guys the whole "band" thing part of my life is starting to fall behind me. That made it easy to sell the JP2C and with my Bogner, in my bedroom the Buxom did not outdo the Koko or the Keeley. Both to my ears work much better with the Bogner.

So I have been debating on selling the Buxom since I don't need it but I have just acquired a quilter 101 mini and the Herbert Preamp pedal. I do still jam with some guys and what better way to save my back then to show up with a guitar and a pedalboard vs lugging a ridiculous half stack? Can rent a cab at the practice spot.

Anywa TL;DR The Buxom shines again. Outdoes all the other pedals with this setup. I am starting to think that this pedal is just great with modern gear. I love my Rev 2 and I am still unsure if I can part with it but damn. Cannot put a price tag on convenience.

That is all. :rock:

Back