Koko or Buxum boost for hitting front end of BE100?

itsme

Which do you like for greasing up the front end of a BE100? Or maybe something else, like an echoplex preamp to make it nice and fluid?

Not using the Be100 but for the Butterslax I find they are both great choices, slight edge to the Koko just because I like that it keeps the bottom intact

DeathbyButterslax":28wq0sbm said:
Not using the Be100 but for the Butterslax I find they are both great choices, slight edge to the Koko just because I like that it keeps the bottom intact

Thanks...

and thanks for being the only responder...

Ya the forum has been slow lately.

I use a Zvex SHO for rhythm boost (if needed) and an Xotic BB with Mid Boost Preamp for leads to get them to 'sing' a bit more.

Im going to try a Buxom Boost in a couple weeks.

Take a look at the Tone Freak Naked OD, I use one with my PT-20 and it sounds killer. Very transparent.

Ive tried a few pedals for boosting the front end of my BE100's and Dirty Shirley. TS 808RI was cool for lead work but suffered from bass loss in rhythm work. Klon KTR was really nice but noisy with my setup. Keeley Oxblood Germanium was a little to fizzy for my liking. Buxom Boost was alright but not exactly great, eq lift was cool option. I settled on Greer Lightspeed Organic OD. Really hits the front end hard without changing tone too much, doesn't suck bass but still gives a little mid bump, i leave it on full-time when Im using my dirty shirley. Of course this is just my opinion, with my rig, my ears.
PS
I feel the xotic pre amp is a bit to dark for friedman stuff, I prefer the JHS Prestige Boost. It's a bit more open and clear sounding, I use it in my loop for solo boost. Again YMMV

Looking to hear some of these mentioned. Not many clips online with BE100 boosted. Keep waiting to hear some of the buxom boost in the be100 or the suhr koko and hopefully not in a backing track and pro tools and all the multi mixed options mixed into the clip lol. Excuse me if their are clips with the BE00 boosted. Just cant seem to find em. The one cat posted a few with the boss eq and the OD maybe?

I dont have a koko but I do use a Buxom Boost and a Bogner La Grange which has an independent boost. I find they both work very well, the la grange even has the added bonus of the plexi side. As a pure clean boost, the buxom has a bit more oomph at the same relative dial settings. That being said, the bogner stays clean and just gets louder the more you turn it up. I have found the buxom pushes the amp (or itself, im not sure which) to clip the more it is cranked. If I want the BE100 clean channel to sound more SRV, I use the Buxom boost, if I just want more volume from the BE100 clean or if I want a plexi tone, I use the Bogner...

Clips!! Post clips or please send a link to a decent one! Only clips u get of overdrive pedals is clean amps. Want to hear something raw boosted. No backing tracks if possible please!! Of all the love the BB gets no ones posted a clip of it blasting a be100 or JJ or SS. If I need to pay someone I'll do it. Just keep it reasonable I know how these shredders be:)

https://youtu.be/n045q4SV0NA this is close but it's not a Be100

I liked the Koko Boost or a TS-808 best on mine. A Boss GE-7 sounds great too but you probably want to get a modded one to cut down on noise. Lastly, an old Marshall Guv'nor is killer. Have the Buxom now but no BE to try it out on lol.

Those pedals are a damn good oprion for the BE100 also chwck some of the Parametrick eqs available like Empress ParaEQ or Wampler Equator. They are disign to add a whole new dimension of sounds by boosting or cut frequencys. Maybe you want to try them first!

mxr2000":1fz37y65 said:
Those pedals are a damn good oprion for the BE100 also chwck some of the Parametrick eqs available like Empress ParaEQ or Wampler Equator. They are disign to add a whole new dimension of sounds by boosting or cut frequencys. Maybe you want to try them first!
I would like to honestly. Hoping to catch some clips but they are all clean demos mostly and if distortion is added it's a pedal. Not many BE100 demos/clips with an eq in the loop.. maybe the one I saw

I have not tried a Buxom Boost in front of my BE-50 as of yet. Maybe I need to try that at some point. I have the pedal and was actually considering selling it as I don’t have a use for it anymore.

The HBE or "boost" Channel in my 2014 BE100 sounds amazing switching from BE rhythm to HBE Lead. I'd say out of the few pedals I've tried the HBE is the boost that works best for me with solos to get into scorching leads with nice feedback, atleast in a live situation.

For Friedmans that don't have a boost or HBE channel, then I'd go with something versatile like a Timmy or Friedmans Buxom Pedal. The Timmy, well it's too transparent and only works as a solo boost and is not a very good drive pedal. It zero coloration just boosted gain and active EQ. I can get the Timmy to sound almost identical to the HBE ch in high gain. These tones are so different from ear to ear.

PBGas":a84t8guf said:
I have not tried a Buxom Boost in front of my BE-50 as of yet. Maybe I need to try that at some point. I have the pedal and was actually considering selling it as I don’t have a use for it anymore.
Sweetwater and many retailers have dropped the price to $169.00 and a demo is even less, with a 45 day return policy it may make the used market quite tough. I had a tight drive pedal which was the 1st to introduce the tight control years ago and its was cool. Not sure of the boost , maybe more of an overdrive. I like staying on hbe with sat off and for a lead volume/feel a boost. Currently using a ts9deluxe. Sounds badass. Wonder if I am missing out on a better feel with the BB.

Buxom boost has no clipping so you are just shapping the tone and pushing the front end. Into a dirty amp it’s gives you more gain. Into a clean amp more volume. Loop of a dirty amp more volume as well.

RACKSYSTEMS":2cvl15v8 said:
Buxom boost has no clipping so you are just shapping the tone and pushing the front end. Into a dirty amp it’s gives you more gain. Into a clean amp more volume. Loop of a dirty amp more volume as well.
That definitely is what I am looking for! Ordering today. Thanks for the help!! :rock:

Back