Any mod available for channel 3 of CAA 3+SE

• Thread starter Thread starter mcgyver
  • Start date Start date
M
mcgyver
Hi Dave, I was wondering if you had any suggestion or if you could tell me if a mod is available for channel 3 of a Custom audio amplifiers 3+SE.
I feel the channel is kind of fuzzy sounding. I like the sound of the preamp, I don't want to change the tone. But it is a bit fuzzy sounding. I have been comparing it to my Egnater M4- w/ SL2x- Erect- E5 stock modules.
My signal chain is as follows CAA preamp- TC G-Force- BBE 442a- Mesa 20/20 power amp - 2- 2x12 Eminence loaded speaker cabs-Wizard 12" 75w speakers. Any advice, thoughts from everyone welcome. Thank you for your time!

Jamie
Jamie_holland@mac.com

mcgyver":65hptj5t said:
Hi Dave, I was wondering if you had any suggestion or if you could tell me if a mod is available for channel 3 of a Custom audio amplifiers 3+SE.
I feel the channel is kind of fuzzy sounding. I like the sound of the preamp, I don't want to change the tone. But it is a bit fuzzy sounding. I have been comparing it to my Egnater M4- w/ SL2x- Erect- E5 stock modules.
My signal chain is as follows CAA preamp- TC G-Force- BBE 442a- Mesa 20/20 power amp - 2- 2x12 Eminence loaded speaker cabs-Wizard 12" 75w speakers. Any advice, thoughts from everyone welcome. Thank you for your time!

Jamie
Jamie_holland@mac.com

You could always let the designer tweak it for you :rock:

Replace the power amp with 50 to 100 watts el34/6550/6l6/5881. whatever but get that el84 poweramp out of the equation.

thats one pre i always wanted, but never threw down for one yet...I know of a mod to ch 1, but it'd be great to see 3 ch. tightend up a bit.

Back