Year of this Rev 2?

1meanplexi

Looking at picking up this Uber. Can anyone tell me the year? I know some years are desired more than others. Thanks in advance crew. :rock: on!!!!!

This isn't a Rev2. It looks like it's going to be a Revision Blue. There should be a thread in here for reading the serial #'s...try and search Uberschall Serial Numbers and see what pops up.

That is indeed a Revision Blue. You can see the text right under Bogner - Handmade in the U.S.A. - "Revision Blue". The revision blues aren't as desirable because they aren't as rare, so they don't tend to go for as high of prices. I love my Rev Blue and I couldn't justify paying the extra $600-800 premium to buy a Rev2 when I was shopping for an Uber. The Rev Blue has a better clean channel IMO and more range to the gain knob.

jc986":3mvcw1rx said:
That is indeed a Revision Blue. You can see the text right under Bogner - Handmade in the U.S.A. - "Revision Blue". The revision blues aren't as desirable because they aren't as rare, so they don't tend to go for as high of prices. I love my Rev Blue and I couldn't justify paying the extra $600-800 premium to buy a Rev2 when I was shopping for an Uber. The Rev Blue has a better clean channel IMO and more range to the gain knob.

You guys are the best!!!!

I know by definition...but, what do you mean by "more range to the gain knob"? What would be a fair price then to offer on this. He is asking $1550.00.

The Rev Blue and Rev2 both have tons and tons of gain on tap. With the Rev 2 though it is much harder/impossible to dial in a low gain sound as you have a heavily saturated tone even with the gain set at 9 or 10 o'clock. With the Rev Blue, at those gain settings you are at more of a crunch level of gain than all out saturation.

Most people don't buy an Uber for the cleans or for the breakup/crunch tones (and neither did I) but with the Rev Blue you at least have that option and they sound very very good.

maddnotez":2fyigagk said:
If you like brutal, get a rev 2
Or a Purple Mod TwinJet....

I'm telling ya, it's dustin' my Rev.2 but to each their own, to each their own... :LOL: :LOL:

Hi I know this post is old but I was wondering if you had purchase this early Uberschall Rev Blue you were looking at and if yes how does it sound?!

Thanks

After seeing this again I wonder, where are the send/return levels?

Also really curious to hear the Purple mod and find out more about it.

Back