XTC 101B Low Gain Clip (vid)

Crunchity

I just completed this fairly mellow blue and green channel jam. It's a super simple tune where I only used one amp/guitar/pedal for the entire thing (I rarely can do that lol). Anyway, hope you likey. :)

Turn it down man,I was just about to fall asleep... :LOL: :LOL:

Thats the magic of an XTC. No need to treat it as a super high gainer. I switch
over to the Low gain side. Then use the boost on the footswitch to crank her up a notch.

Do I see your setting correct?
Pres OFF
Treble about 3 oclock

Thanks for checking it out! Awesome...happy to disturb the peace lol.

Yeah, whatever you see in the clip is exactly as it was recorded (correct on the Prez at zero, I'm using blackback speakers and they're fairly bitey/angry). I used the green channel for the clean rhythm stuff and the blue channel set for a light, light crunch (hardly breaking but also with a modded SD-1 for some juice, but that was also set for minimal gas). I was definitely going for a low gain, fusiony tone. I love this amp, you're right, many magical sweet spots on these.

Love this - the 101b can do the uncompressed dynamic thing well when set right, then go full-compressed fusion at the twist of a pot.

Thanks Ventura, Robotech!

I mic'd two different spkrs, a G12H30 55hz (blackback) for the rhythm/clean parts (with a 57 and an e906) and a G12M25 Greenback for the leads (another 57 and an i5). They all run into a Focusrite pro40, then into Cubase. The only plugins used were some reverb from Lexicon and something I've been using since the dark ages, the psp vintage warmer. drums are EZDrummer 2. Pretty simple stuff! I do have hint of stereo delay from a lexicon mpx550 in the loop. thanks again for checking it out!

Back