Just bought a rev2....wheres the low end?

MetalHeadMike":3bfor6t3 said:
paulyc":3bfor6t3 said:
Get a Herbert and be done with it.

Deepest, most thumping, huge low end I've ever experienced :rock: Unreal bass response! Wish I still had my Herbert.
I'm an Uber and Diezel fanboi, but the Butterslax took the win on the brootz and low end and clarity over everything I've tried thus far.

But back to the Rev.2
- tubes
- what cab
- 16ohm for all coil windings on the OT
- I used a 5751 first stage of channel 2 to open it up and it seriously made it thump (sounds counter-intuitive, but it worked)
- also opened the bias up to take 6550s with a resister mod, easy to do, easy to remove

Thing was thunderous.
At moderate all the way to crack-the-drywall volumes, and sounded very full even at lower volumes.

I've done a lot of Rev.2 playing around. As well, a LPS or EiYugo in the PI slot can really make it percussive and thumping.

Hope this helps.
Mo :thumbsup:

EHX 6550s are the ticket for brands as far as 6550s go, they can handle the huge pV of the Rev.2 amps.

Something might be wrong. Definitely have the tubes checked out as I just experienced a big mess with a bad tube, that may be it.

Try another cab. I have a Rev 2 and TBH it sounded like shit through the 1960 marshall with 75's. After some dialing I was able to get a useable tone but compared to V30 or Legends the 75's sounded really bad with this amp. (although adding 2 V30 for the X pattern would sound good IMO.

Something is definitely up, the low end is massive.

I always use a boost with the Rev 2 and gain about noon. I find it likes the Koko boost a lot and the Buxom boost as well but IMO the Maxon 808 did not do the amp justice.

I also have a JP-2C which is somewhat near the C+ and the low end on the Bogner should be bigger. Even if you have the GEQ V with the bass super high the Bogner still keeps up or outdoes the JP on the low end if wanted. I don't keep it that high personally but im just saying it should definitely be there.

Get an Empress Para EQ and also make sure the FX loop knob is all the way up because if it is engaged and not timed it will really effect things, low end being one of them. The magic is in the presence control, don't be afraid to turn knobs and listen with your ears, not eyes.

RockyStar":a526jnx1 said:
Get an Empress Para EQ and also make sure the FX loop knob is all the way up because if it is engaged and not timed it will really effect things, low end being one of them. The magic is in the presence control, don't be afraid to turn knobs and listen with your ears, not eyes.

There is no FX loop knob on the rev 2. The channel volume controls the FX level and having that more than 11:00 would be ridiculous.

You should not need an EQ for low end either. Weather it is a cab or a tube or a speaker or whatever, something is wrong with the chain.

No low end with a Rev2? Mmmm...

For that deep low end, turn the presence down at sth like 10 'o clock... The presence knob is the key on the Uber.

My Rev2 dirty channel is ('o clock:)

- Volume 1
- Presence 10
- Treble 1
- Middle 12
- Bass 12
- Gain 10-11

I use the matching Bogner 4x12 V30 cab.

V

Ya, there must something wrong. I have a rev.2 that has an insane amount of low end. Even with the bass at 11 oclock, it almost over takes my clx, mk iii coli and iic+ 's low end-and that's with their graphic eq maxed out on them. And the gain,wow- just a ton of it for sure.Even w/ the gain knob @noon,I cant ever imagine needing more.

MetalHeadMike":1x4pe6x3 said:
paulyc":1x4pe6x3 said:

Deepest, most thumping, huge low end I've ever experienced :rock: Unreal bass response! Wish I still had my Herbert.

I got a used Mark ii herbert. Hated it, all this huge low end, mine didn't have that.
My prs archon just pissed all over it. Most disappointing amp I've ever owned.
I was distraught lol.contacted Peter diezel himself, 're tubed it under his advice.
No difference. Had this white noise high end thing going on, couldn't play it more than ten minutes without reaching for the standby button. Just killed my ears.
Sold it on.

Mark46":mf6j3jky said:
MetalHeadMike":mf6j3jky said:
paulyc":mf6j3jky said:

I got a used Mark ii herbert. Hated it, all this huge low end, mine didn't have that.
My prs archon just pissed all over it. Most disappointing amp I've ever owned.
I was distraught lol.contacted Peter diezel himself, 're tubed it under his advice.
No difference. Had this white noise high end thing going on, couldn't play it more than ten minutes without reaching for the standby button. Just killed my ears.
Sold it on.

Must have been something wrong with it. HUGE low end response...especially with an EQ in the loop.

I hate the tone of a Herbert. I own a Einstein that I like most but prefer a Hagen and a VH-4 still over that Herb.

That's the best eq!!!

Back