Shiva 20th owners - want to share your settings

Here are last weekends live settings.

I was playing a Tele with a single coil into a vertical 2x12 loaded with a V30 and a CL80. I use an EP Booster on occasion for high gain lead stuff. I never activate the bright, mode or shift buttons at band volume. Excursion was around noon.

If you have a Facebook account checkout either the Bogner page or the Shiva page. You’ll get many responses there.

My clean settings exactly. I run the presence at 2 o'clock . On the dirty side treble at 1, mids at 1, bass at 2. I find the presence makes a huge change in the character of the distortion. NO need for an extra clean boost pedal, the included one sounds exactly like my Koko boost at my favorite settings.

Is the Shiva also a suitable amp for modern rock/alternative/prog metal or is it a rather low to medium gain amp, what would you say? I've always been curious to try one out but unfortunately they are quite a rare sight where I live.

hatecase":3pgi8gbh said:
Is the Shiva also a suitable amp for modern rock/alternative/prog metal or is it a rather low to medium gain amp, what would you say? I've always been curious to try one out but unfortunately they are quite a rare sight where I live.

For the short time I owned a 20th Anny Shiva, I used it for Thrash---->Death metal. It will easily do modern/alternative/prog metal from a gain/eq standpoint. Whether or not the voicing fits for those styles is up to your personal tastes.

KICK ASS AMP :rock: :rock: :rock: Only sold mine cause I got an Uber Rev blue and a Wizard MCII, and both those amps fit my style much better.

hatecase":o22qxm6p said:
This is what makes the 20th Anniversary Shiva so special. It can do everything from searing high gain to classic crunch to a wonderful full bodied sparkling clean. The standard Shiva may not have enough gain inherently for metal but the 20th has more than enough. The 20th is one of the most versatile amps I have ever played while retaining that very cool Bogner character.

MetalHeadMike":1anvgcxh said:
For the short time I owned a 20th Anny Shiva, I used it for Thrash---->Death metal. It will easily do modern/alternative/prog metal from a gain/eq standpoint. Whether or not the voicing fits for those styles is up to your personal tastes.

KICK ASS AMP :rock: :rock: :rock: Only sold mine cause I got an Uber Rev blue and a Wizard MCII, and both those amps fit my style much better.
nevusofota":1anvgcxh said:
This is what makes the 20th Anniversary Shiva so special. It can do everything from searing high gain to classic crunch to a wonderful full bodied sparkling clean. The standard Shiva may not have enough gain inherently for metal but the 20th has more than enough. The 20th is one of the most versatile amps I have ever played while retaining that very cool Bogner character.
Absolutely world class amp! The 20th Shiva covers a TON of ground and does it extraordinarily well. One of my favorite amps and it can hang with anything out there.

Sounds intriguing, thanks for your answers, guys, so I'll definitely have to check out one of those Shiva Anniversary models!

I play a ton of modern country rock with it, then on occasion will set it up for some 80s hair metal and it really does that with ease too...and this is with a tele.yes,the 20th rips.

Little B":zlylhjk3 said:
I play a ton of modern country rock with it, then on occasion will set it up for some 80s hair metal and it really does that with ease too...and this is with a tele.yes,the 20th rips.
I have absolutely no problem believing that, too. The 20th Sheeves covers a ton a ground and does it well. Works great with Strats, too, and P90s. :)

Back