Fishman Prefix T system: problem appears, then disappears

alanwaston

This is a weird one. Playing a gig last night with my CA guitar and its Fishman Prefix T system, and was noticing I just wasn't dialing in my usual good sound out of it. I tweak it some and get it OK but it still never seemed quite right. Then, an hour in, I start getting this rumbling and bad-connection kind of noise, and significant signal drop, out of it. It was like you're rubbing the ends of two connecting wires together so that the signal is noisy and scratchy but never quite connecting. Plus, I noticed that the bass channel on my on-board EQ would cut out the guitar's signal entirely when it was around 90% or more -- but when I backed down a bit, the signal would come back. THAT was weird. Stopped for a minute, checked my cord and battery and amp channel with my other guitar that I fortunately had with me, and all was well. Tried guitar A again, no change. Finished the gig with the second guitar; thank god I brought it. So I plug guitar A in tonight to a different amp, with a different cord, here at home, and all was fine. I was completely expecting to replicate the problem and then hope that blasting it out with some compressed air would help. But not needed, the problem did not repeat.

Any thoughts? What am I missing?
Relax: black beatles rae sremmurd ringtone, routine alan walker ringtone, mp3 ringtone

Back