MTL's

northern1

Well.. :aww: I did what we all do or have done over and over... I most regretfully sold my MTL100 in the pics a little while back and tried to go back to my old favourite SLO and it was a COLOSSAL MISTAKE! If you are by chance thinking of making a change and selling your Wizard DON'T DO IT! I was blessed to find another 2012 MTL 100 bought it and it is every bit as good if not better than the first one I had...
The best amplifier IMHO on the planet smh just incredible... just my 2 cents.. :rock:

Can't speak for the MTL, but the MC2 is amazing. A keeper for sure. But I love SLOs as well. So many great amps these days.

I agree, the MTL is one of my top 3 favorite amps! I remember I got rid of my SLO when I had a 96 MC because it sounded small and tame in comparison. I can only imagine how much better my MTL would be in comparison since I like it a lot more than the 96 MC I used to have. I urge anyone who is impressed with the SLO to hear it next to a Wizard. The SLO was one of my favorite amps of all time until I AB'ed with a Wizard

-no disappointment's, exceeds all expectations, beg, borrow or steal to get one, there's not one clip that does a WIZARD justice-

I have a 2012 MTL and it kills. It just has an "it" factor or maybe some mojo or something that sets it off from other amps. It sounds amazing!

What are the settings you play your MTLs with? What do you do with saturation? Right now I dial sat to zero for a more direct feel and sound. What do you do with the three “treble” setting (presence, treble, bright)?

Speaking about the MTL. Today one of the stock JJs died. I replaced it by a quad of winged -C-. Dude! What a difference. Highly recommended!

Alex_S":1lacev9w said:
What are the settings you play your MTLs with? What do you do with saturation? Right now I dial sat to zero for a more direct feel and sound. What do you do with the three “treble” setting (presence, treble, bright)?

Lower volume playing depth 10 o’clock pres 1-2 o’clock bass 2 o’clock mid 11 o’clock treb 1-2 o’clock sat 10-11 o’clock lead gain 9-3 o’clock depending.. Ryth gain 9-3 o’clock depending

For high volume playing lower depth and sat...

northern1":2aaibeap said:
Alex_S":2aaibeap said:

Lower volume playing depth 10 o’clock pres 1-2 o’clock bass 2 o’clock mid 11 o’clock treb 1-2 o’clock sat 10-11 o’clock lead gain 9-3 o’clock depending.. Ryth gain 9-3 o’clock depending

For high volume playing lower depth and sat...

Interesting. I push mids and treble a bit (1-3 o’clock), depth and bass 10 o’clock. Bright is tricky: depends very much on speakers to my ears. Sat zero to 10, gain at 10-2 o’clock. So very different. Will try your settings tomorrow...

Back