Proud New MC II Owner!

plexipwrd

Hey all,
Just received my new 100W MC II last night. My God, this thing is a beast!

Didn't come with a footswitch. I tried my Marshall footswitch (latching) into each of the footswitch inputs last night with no luck. However, as I recall, I did have all of the front panel pull switches (lead boost, rhythm boost, loop) activated when I tried... so I wonder if that was the reason the footswitch didn't work?

Now I know why this amp is raved about so often. However, I will need to hit the woodshed as it is very unforgiving to my sloppy playing

-congrats man! Total game changer!! I have a MC I upgraded to a MC II, ya can't tame a WIZARD, just hang on and let the WIZARD drive.

Thanks for the congrats!

Played my 1st gig with the Wizard paired with my '69 Les Paul Goldtop w/ Motor City Detroiter pickups. Cut through and sat in the mix perfectly.

I had been using a Cameron Atomica...great amp with some serious grind. The other guitar player in my band uses a Tele through a damn fine sounding Marshall 2205. I could never get my solos over the top like his rig does. The Wizard certainly has solved that problem...and then some

I heard a couple of times...."you're a little loud"....hehe

Alex_S":166rpqrv said:
Congrats. The mc2 is an unbelievable great amp. So now you can send me the Atomica ;-)

Sadly Alex...the Atomica has found a new home with a very close friend who has promised me supervised visitation

plexipwrd":3c79m7ux said:
Alex_S":3c79m7ux said:
Congrats. The mc2 is an unbelievable great amp. So now you can send me the Atomica ;-)

Sadly Alex...the Atomica has found a new home with a very close friend who has promised me supervised visitation

That's bad news for me, but actually I not realistically thought you would part. Was just joking. Surprised you really let it go. Never played an Atomica but thought the mc2 is different enough to own both. But on the other hand understand you are happy with "just" an mc2. I don't touch other amps a lot anymore... ;)

Alex_S":31rsvruz said:
plexipwrd":31rsvruz said:
Alex_S":31rsvruz said:

That's bad news for me, but actually I not realistically thought you would part. Was just joking. Surprised you really let it go. Never played an Atomica but thought the mc2 is different enough to own both. But on the other hand understand you are happy with "just" an mc2. I don't touch other amps a lot anymore... ;)

I reluctantly let the Atomica go as part of the trade with my good friend for the MC2.....couldn't afford to have both. He's been begging me for the amp for the last 4 years....lol

That being said...you are correct, they are two completely different animals. The Atomica has that signature Cameron grind...unlike any other amp I have played. Solos with the Cameron didn't quite cut through the mix in the two guitar band I am in. The MCII owns the mix now....lol

plexipwrd":14jd5mtq said:
Alex_S":14jd5mtq said:
plexipwrd":14jd5mtq said:
Alex_S":14jd5mtq said:

I reluctantly let the Atomica go as part of the trade with my good friend for the MC2.....couldn't afford to have both. He's been begging me for the amp for the last 4 years....lol

That being said...you are correct, they are two completely different animals. The Atomica has that signature Cameron grind...unlike any other amp I have played. Solos with the Cameron didn't quite cut through the mix in the two guitar band I am in. The MCII owns the mix now....lol

Hehehe. I know what you mean. First time I heard a wizard live with a two guitarist band it was like there was the Wiz and some then some other small guitarish sound, small in the background - coming from a Marshall :LOL: :LOL:

Alex_S":11mhrw9p said:
plexipwrd":11mhrw9p said:
plexipwrd":11mhrw9p said:

Hehehe. I know what you mean. First time I heard a wizard live with a two guitarist band it was like there was the Wiz and some then some other small guitarish sound, small in the background - coming from a Marshall :LOL: :LOL:

Love the Wizard but I am completely satisfied with the Atomica which is a different kind of beast. And yes, there are very strict visitation rules, closely monitored with
supervised by appointment only requests. lol

dogman":d7x3vr61 said:
Alex_S":d7x3vr61 said:
plexipwrd":d7x3vr61 said:
plexipwrd":d7x3vr61 said:

Love the Wizard but I am completely satisfied with the Atomica which is a different kind of beast. And yes, there are very strict visitation rules, closely monitored with

Don't hurt my baby, Dogman

Welcome to the club!!
My #1 rig is a 2008 Les Paul with MCP Detroiters into a 2016 MCII.
Tone for days.
And you won't have to worry about cutting through the mix again heh heh!

dogman":2jbtjcf1 said:
Alex_S":2jbtjcf1 said:
plexipwrd":2jbtjcf1 said:
plexipwrd":2jbtjcf1 said:

I think I could love both ;)

fusedbrain":vyetzlcz said:
Welcome to the club!!
My #1 rig is a 2008 Les Paul with MCP Detroiters into a 2016 MCII.
Tone for days.
And you won't have to worry about cutting through the mix again heh heh!

LP+MCP+Wizard MCII = :rawk:

Congrats OP! You mean you didn't experience of problem with your mids cutting through or ear fatigue? lol

lespaul6":1rm2wxhu said:
Congrats OP! You mean you didn't experience of problem with your mids cutting through or ear fatigue? lol
Yeah no kidding...next thing we will hear is that a Splawn Quickrod doesn't have cutting mids. :confused:
My Wizard has glorious mids!

I have checked, It looks like you can daisy chain from the 1541 so thats fine. as to my pc, that has one serial port- for my pc printer- is it the same plug?

Back