Finally joining the club!

Congrats! What did you get 50W/100W?

Was it one of the ones in the Classifieds Section here?

Get ready to bring the pain. :rock:

Yeah, I got a 50watt MTL from the classified on this board. Other than a microphonic preamp tube (probably happened in transit) its in mint condition and sounds amazing.

I gotta say, its an impressive amp. I only got to play for about a half hour today but it was impressive within the first ten seconds. Basically doesnt have a bad sound in it.

It sounds huge & I love it. A lot of people have been asking about it in relation to my Friedmans but its really a different sound altogether.

It continues to impress....I spent some time the last few days putting it through its paces. The rhythm channel kinda blew me away, to be honest. I knew that the lead channel would be awesome but the rhythm channel really stands out. The lead channel is, of course, the real deal for amp called "MTL". It somehow manages to sound ferocious whether the gain is on 2 or 8. The saturation control and mid shift really make a huge difference to help adapt this amp to metal. All in all I give it an A+ and will say it was worth both the price and the wait.

Someone mentioned about how it sounds in comparison to some of the other amps in my collection and the answer is "great". That is not to disparage any other amps, they sound great too but the Wizard definitely has a sound all to its own. It sounds big, raw, uncompressed and cuts through a mix like a hot knife through butter.

The Soldano SLO is probably the closest cousin in my collection, but thats not to say theyre close. Diezels are more compressed (not better or worse, just different.), Friedman's have a much sweeter sound (again, not better or worse, just different).

Bottom line - after I got done the obligatory 45 minutes of nothing but AC/DC riffs (which omg was so much fun) and got down to business, I love this amp. I wont hesitate to add a MC2 or VC to the collection someday if I come across one.

Back