Wizard Amplification Modern Classic 100W

Studio420Ben

I contacted Rick St Pierre regarding service on my Wizard Modern Classic 100 gold face. After about a week of email banter, he showed up personally at Studio420 and picked up the head. Yes I’m about 2 miles from his shop. He assured me that he was certain I just had a tube shorting out causing the main fuse to blow. That was May 31/2018 and he returned my amp June 4/2018 completely re-tubed and biased, plus a few extra tweaks he did not seem eager to elaborate on but assured me I'd be pleased. I didn’t press him lol. Since I was in the midst of repairing some old road wounds to the tolex on my 1960a cab I simply looked at the head with anticipation while I did my maintenance work. When I finally had everything wired up the following day I actually was afraid of it (It’s intimidating just to look at). Anyway, I finally powered up and let her sit on stdby for a while letting the tubes warm up before making them breathe. I had my 66 Tele hooked up and opened the standby switch slowly rolling the rythmn channel (no pull/boost) until the G12T-75’s kicked in at just under ‘2’ and everything else at 12 o’clock and I played for about 2 hrs before shutting down for the night. I was blown away with the tone and pure sustain (no pedals or rack stuff) I did the same the following day with no readjustments. This time I had my Stratocaster HSS in play. I started by using the neck P/U and slowly worked my down to the 1 postion/bridge humbucker. Still at less than 2 on the rythmn master vol and within a few moments she suddenly erupted and hit me with such force I jumped back 3’ literally!! Punched me right in the face! Clean WHACK, SMACK PUNCH that made my whole body tremble! I’m sure this was the new tubes telling me they’re breaking in nice just like a fine motor!
I can’t say enough great things about this amplifier and Rick. I’ve owned a great many high end amps over the years. Hands down, bar none this is the shit!!! :m17: :rock:

Ty Wizard Amplification and Rick St. Pierre for making life Rock again!

Cheers,
Studio420
Cornwall, Ontario
Canada

Attachments

• 100_1930.JPG
    100_1930.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,046
  • 100_1940.JPG
    100_1940.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,009
Congrats!
They are amazing amps. I look forward to playing my MC100 every day, and usually get to crack the master above 2 at least once a day. What an amazing bloom they have. Unmatched.

Congrats!
Just entered the Wizard realm with an MCII and it haunts my thoughts all day long. Makes work very difficult. I can't wait to get home and plug in.

I agree with Racerxrated on the bloom, and I'll add that the punch and air moved is addictive. I frequently nudge the master up to 4 and 5 and its just ridiculous :rock:

Racerxrated":1nwo457l said:
Congrats!
They are amazing amps. I look forward to playing my MC100 every day, and usually get to crack the master above 2 at least once a day. What an amazing bloom they have. Unmatched.

It's an abosolute beast! I don't have issues/probs regarding turning up which I have already. I'm taking my time and breakin' her in nice n sweet. It has the big, tight full punch sound I always dreamed of.

Cheers :thumbsup:

MetalHeadMike":1gphmfbf said:
Congrats!
Just entered the Wizard realm with an MCII and it haunts my thoughts all day long. Makes work very difficult. I can't wait to get home and plug in.

I agree with Racerxrated on the bloom, and I'll add that the punch and air moved is addictive. I frequently nudge the master up to 4 and 5 and its just ridiculous :rock:

I'm totally on the same page as both of you! It'll def be the last amp I'll ever buy now. Blows my mind....Peace

Back